Newbie in Ohio

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie in Ohio

Postby Hudsonite » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:42 am

Well, I'm heeding Madjack's advice and introducing myself before asking a lot of "newbie questions". I've tent camped all my life, and within the past 1 1/2 years bought and then sold an old Apache pop-up, which was a lot of fun. But for 4-5 years now I've been smitten with the teardrop bug. Early on, I figured it was simply a dream as I couldn't afford the ones I drooled over on various web sites. However, I've come to find out that I might be able to build one (a daunting task for this mechanically-challenged 46 year old!). So I'm embarking on this odyssey with high hopes, though admittedly with little confidence. If I succeed, my wife and six children will probably applaud as it will give us an opportunity to have some fun (and less expensive!) vacations together! Thanks for this web site as I've already learned quite a bit. You've inspired me to reach beyond my rather low expectations. I'll try to post "da pics" so you can see my progress (and probably point out my gaffes!). Thanks again! Hudsonite :thumbsup:
Hudsonite
Teardrop Builder

Postby b.bodemer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:05 am

Hi and welcome.

I live in Lakewood and am almost finsihed with my teardrop. I've got a simple build and you are more than welcome to take a look at it for any ideas for your project. Right now I am building it over my buddy Bill's house in North Royalton.

have fun...the whole process is a blast.
Barb :)
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby joe & Vickie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:02 am

:applause:
Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of idea's from other teardroper's. All you have to do is just ask. Every body will be more than happy to answer any question that you have. I am sure that you can build a great teardrop with a little help from the forum. I assume that with 4 kid's that you will have a tent for them too sleep in. Well anyhow, lot's of luck on your build. By the way I am also from Ohio. I live in Chillicothe. You might also check out on yahoo the Buckeye Tears forum.
Again Welcome. :twisted:
joe & Vickie
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:17 am

Welcome Hudson...spend your time readin' and researchin'...some folks find building models to be helpful (some don't) whatever you decide on, we will be here to help out, all ya gotta do is post them pics...don't be afraid of your skill level...take your time and you will do fine and not only will ya gain a neat camper for you and the family but what you learn and the confidence it will instill is absolutely priceless.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby George Kraus » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:40 am

Hudson

Welcome to a fellow Buckeye!
:thumbs up1:
George
Started on the long road to happiness
George Kraus
Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 pm

Welcome to the forum and TDs. With the help and info on this forum even the most chalenged can build a TD of their own.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby kirtsjc » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:37 pm

Welcome Fellow Buckeye! :applause:
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Gerdo wrote:Welcome to the forum and TDs. With the help and info on this forum even the most chalenged can build a TD of their own.

Amen.
Welcome Hudsonite. If you read enough you will see we all have challanges. Thats what makes it fun. The joy of the boo boo's and the agony of getting it right. 8) :?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Hudsonite » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:55 pm

Thanks everyone! I very much appreciate the collegiality. Its great to be a part of this group. :)
Hudsonite
Teardrop Builder

Postby bweaver » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:21 pm

Hi Hudson,

Just up Route 8 in the Falls.

Good luck with the build, this site will provide and endless source for answered questions and support.

I find myself reading it every day....how sick is that?
bweaver
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Welcome Buckeye from an ex-Buckeye... :o

You can do it... remember, a teardrop is just a box on wheels...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves