Finally registered, lurker no more

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Finally registered, lurker no more

Postby Aaron51chevy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am

Well I finally registered. I've been lurking for a while here. My name is Aaron, I'm a suspension Designer for a tier 1 supplier. I primarily work on large truck, bus, and military suspensions. I'm a Pro/E CAD guy, I've been using it since 1994. I have a wife, Julie, and a 4 year old son Garett. We love to camp, and boat (we have a 1967 Renken speed boat, and my parents have a 40' Sea Ray they live on in the summer) and go to car shows.
I've been intersted in tear drops for a while now, I've got a 1951 chevy custom and every so often at car shows I'd see guys with teardrops. I have had the TSC trailer as a utility trailer for a couple of years and recently I was given a larger utility. So the TSC gets to become my first teardrop. I plan on starting the build this weekend. I've already designed the 4x8 trailer in pro/e using some of the design guides from this board as references.
I look forward to participating on this board and hopefully showing progress of my build.
"It's not really yours unless you build it"
Aaron51chevy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Outlaw » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:18 am

Welcome to the site. Out of all the in internet forums I participate in, this is the greatest. Great people, Great ideas, Great times!
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:22 am

Welcome AAron...a suggestion...go with a 5' width...with family, you will be MUCH happier.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Aaron51chevy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 am

Thanks Guys,
I was toying with the 5' width and your right that I'd be happier with a wider trailer with a loft! But being my first build and the fact that my wife is closterphobic (sp??) and may not even go in the camper I'm sticking to the K.I.S.S. method for the first. I really want it for the galley when tent camping and to take to car shows and if we like it when we camp then we may upgrade in the future!
Aaron51chevy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Aaron51chevy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:22 am

Here are a couple of images of my camper design. Pretty basic for a starter.

Aaron51chevy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby angib » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

Aaron51chevy wrote:Here are a couple of images of my camper design. Pretty basic for a starter.

Aaron, welcome.

As you say you are a suspension designer, I feel "pretty basic" is something of an understatement for a solid axle with no springs..........

Andrew :twisted:
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ira » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Welcome, Aaron!

Looking at what you have planned for the galley there in a 4 by 8, doesn't it look like it's gonna be real crowded in the cabin? Plus that double over-hang?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Aaron51chevy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:42 pm

Well the axle is mainly a placeholder. The trailer is already built. The galley is something that is still being played with. There should be over 6' for the bed but I wasn't sure if the upper cabinet is too large and imposing in the cabin area. I may change it as I actually start building and seeing how much room there is.
Aaron51chevy
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves