Diving in to the Teardrop Madness

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Diving in to the Teardrop Madness

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:27 am

Hey guys,

Well, I didn't have to mull it over long. I just ordered a 5x8 trailer from Littleredtrailers.com. I ordered the black one and it should get here within 6 days. I guess I am committed to the madness now after making the initial investment in the trailer. I am building the Generic Benroy. You guys will see lots of questions out of me once I start my build. Look forward to sharing my build pics here.
:applause:
sandman
Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:27 am

Welcome, We are looking forward to your questions and pictures. I went with a Benroy because of the great use of space.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Thanks much, Gerdo. How long is your trailer? That looks like 10feet. Nice, nice, nice. The Benroy does look like you get better use of your inside space. I am so confused I don't know where to start. The trailer is on the way though. I am not going to modify my trailer and leave it the stock width. I hate cutting up a new trailer and can't weld so I leaving it the way it is.
sandman
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:05 pm

sandman wrote: I am so confused I don't know where to start.

Brother, you are preachin' to the choir!! :lol: :lol:

There are so many designs and ideas here, it's hard to make a decision on where to go. Obviously you are a dirtbiker and I assume you want a comfy bed to lay down on after a long day on the trail.

Keep it simple for the first build............ oh yes, you WILL build a 2nd one, trust me.

Just figure out what you really need and start cutting some ply.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby sandman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 am

Well Put, Warpony. I KNOW I want to build the Benroy just not sure where to begin but with this forum's help, I am sure I can do it. Lots of great info on here.
sandman
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:45 am

After you assemble the trailer, build the floor. Then cut the sides...

Oh but wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The first thing you want to do is build the benroy in your minds eye. Build everything, and imagine yourself using it. Imagine yourself loading your bike into it or onto it. Once you can build it in your minds eye, and you like it, then it's time to start making sawdust.

Also print out the Generic Benroy plans and read it a few times. ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gerdo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:21 pm

Like mike said, Read, Read, Read, If you can visit a homebuilt TD it will also help. Sandman, My Benroy is 5'w x 4'9"h x 11'L. What I like about the Benroy profile is that your galley cabinets are right to the rear edge of the hatch. You don't have to set back your cabinets, much, becaues of the rear curve. This reduces your reach. Notice only 3" of "floor".
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves