Better Late Than Never

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Better Late Than Never

Postby vipercairo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Hard to start this... but I built a birdhuse once so I understand something about wood! I suppose I'll need a lot of help, advice, and patience before I can join y'all at a great campsite.

My wife (Yong) and I never got to do much camping, although I love it and she is a fanatic about the outdoors [especially fishing]. I'll post a pix of the 2 of us as soon as I can find it.... once we have a TD hooked up to the back of whatever we decide to use; you're in for a treat... she's an absolute wonderful Asian food cook, so we're gonna learn about Dutch Ovens and great friendships.

Project starts as soon as I find a 12 x 6 (or so) frame... after that... it's "Katy bar the door" until I have a Texas licence plate on the read-end.

Comments and suggestions: WELCOME!
Lead, Follow or Get Out of The Way!

Carl

Image Image
vipercairo
Teardrop Builder

Postby Sonetpro » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:57 pm

Welcome Viper,
Why a 12x6? Whatcha planning? Where in Texas? I sure have alot of questions huh. :lol:
You don't need a tear we welcome tents too. Just look around and get idea's, you've found the right place. We give you all the help you need and some you don't. But the price is pic's. We expect lots of pic's of the build.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Whatduya mean late?

Postby Lesbest » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:20 pm

From what I can read teardrop time doesn't have late-- except to the food and refreshments. Lots to read here and lots of help too. Enjoy! I'm trying to get started too but I think I'm already on Teardrop time.
Les
Music is like chocolate.......you can't really enjoy it unless the rappers are gone.
Lesbest
The 300 Club

Postby vipercairo » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:53 am

WOW! You guys are already making me feel welcome, + I've gotten a pm message or two as well. Still trying to find a trailer frame (yes, decided to go with 10 x 5) coz I don't want to sleep in a tent! We didn't camp-out in Egypt!!!

Having difficulty finding pix to post, but gimme a little time and I'll flood you with them eventually. I'm so excited... I've even decided to start a website for the construction updates.... that should make the computer illiterate folks "cringe"....

Thanks for all the "welcomes"... I'll try not to disappoint those that really know about carpentry and construction, but I do embarrass easily!
Lead, Follow or Get Out of The Way!

Carl

Image Image
vipercairo
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves