New Guy from Ky

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Guy from Ky

Postby kerry » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:19 pm

Hey all new guy here from Western Ky, I've been reading a lot of the post for several months now. Scanning and gleaning as much info as possible, started building in March and completed in late June. Definitely a low budget build with bits and pieces as I went. First camping trip on 4th of July weekend and have been about 6 more times since. Really love the teardrop concept and it beats sleeping on the ground. Also like the fact that its pretty well ready to go at a moments notice. It's 54"wide by 8' long, Poplar Mechnix trailer for two style, 3500 lb axle (because it was cheap) 13" 5 lug wheels, covered in Lucabond (High Density Polyethelene sandwitched between .020 aluminium) attached with metal roofing screws the kind with a washer and rubber grommet . So far I've experienced seepage at a seam location and spring back on the galley hatch, should have read more post on this issue (try to correct the error of my way on the next one). I know already you love the pics, but you'll have to be patient with me since I'm computer illiterate and don't own a digital camera. Thanks to all and this is a really great site.
kerry
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kevin A » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:28 pm

Kerry,
Welcome to the forum, glad to see you coming out of lurkdom.
I've traveled through Kentucky a few times, you sure have a beautiful state. You'll have to work on getting some pics posted, we sure like to see everyone's trailers around here. ;) :thumbsup:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Gerdo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:35 pm

Welcome, This being your first post and you have one built, and camped in it a half dozen times.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby JawjaBoy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:08 pm

Welcome,Kerry ! Lots of helpful folks here - computers AND cameras. :D David
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves