Newbie from Oregon checking in.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Oregon checking in.

Postby Et Cetera » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum with a 1948 homebuilt teardrop that we purchased in October 2006. My husband, Steve, tore into it right away.

It's received a new curb-side door, had a second door added, the rear 12" of floor has been replaced (dry rot), a simple galley rebuilt, and a new hatch constructed.

It's getting insulated with the mylar bubble wrap stuff and the interior panels will be that bead board looking stuff. A simple cabinet and a couple of shelves will provide interior storage.

It's going to be wired (12v) for interior lights, galley lights and exterior "porch" lights. We'll carry a regular heavy duty extension cord for any 110 needs.

That leads me to my first question for the forum.......(click this link-->http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=155343#155343.)

Teri
~Teri
Et Cetera
Teardrop Master

Postby rbeemer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:31 pm

Teri,

Welcome to the forum and if you have not guessed yet the agreed upon compensation for asking and answering questions is dem pictures of your trailer and restoration to quote one of the site admins who will remain nameless (okay Madjack)

we luv da pics 8) :lol:

No worries we tend to be a fun bunch so ask away I am sure you will get plenty of response

PS there is also some person from down under that might request a picture of you/family as an avatar so we know who we are talking to when you come to a gathering.
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Et Cetera » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:37 pm

rbeemer: Yeah, I know I need to ante up the pictures. Um, you see, um.....they're kind of still in the camera next to the teardrop in the garage. I keep forgetting to upload them.....yeah....that's it. I keep forgetting. :shhh:

We're right in the middle of trying to get our garage emptied out and ready for sheet rock, so if I keep forgetting, that's going to be my excuse for the next month. (I'll see what I can do this weekend.)

Here's what it looked like when we bought it:
~Teri
Et Cetera
Teardrop Master

Postby JawjaBoy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:29 pm

Welcome,Teri/Etcetera - pictures or no pictures ! Cindy and I also bought a semi-complete teardrop and will maybe finish it someday. Do they ever really get "finished?" :D Have fun,that's the main thing !
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dwgriff1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:41 pm

[quote="JawjaBoy"] Do they ever really get "finished?"

They are finished when you say so. Just reserve the right to change your mind!

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:44 pm

Teri,

Welcome, I love your ideas to "finish" your teardrop, Have FUN!

Hope to see you someday,

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves