Hello everyone

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello everyone

Postby Billl Burton » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:58 pm

Hi. My wife and I are planning on building a Boxter type camper. We wanted a teardrop but I have Fibromyalgia and I can't get in and out of the smaller quarters. I have really never built anything but we are both going to do lots of research and are really excited about building and traveling in it. I am thinking of building it 5 x 5 x 10 and making a square box of channel steel above the trailer for support so I can install handles etc. to help me get in and out without destroying it. We will be towing it with a full sized Chevy Blazer. If anyone sees any immediate problems with this idea please contact us ???lol
Thanks and hope to get to know lots of nice people here.
Billl Burton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kens » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you have a plan. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 pm

Not familiar with you problem but things to think of are Ride height; Door size and door sill height; fender placement (will it be in you way} and you already thought of reinforcement for grab bars. I dont think you need a complete outer frame though. Come on over to the building area and tell what your requirements are and this disfunctional family of builders can usually come up with several solutions. Welcome to the madness.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby JawjaBoy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Welcome,from another newbie ! Take your time ,read a lot - most of all have fun and build it like you want it. :)
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:11 pm

Welcome Bill,
My first thought is how tall are you?
The second is how much weight can you lift with your arms?

The other thing is to pay attention to Ed and Ruby's TTT. The initial step is very low and the bunks high.

The "Family" can and will be happy to help with these needs, just make a list of the things that need accomidating and post it on the Construction Tips section. There is a lot of knowledge on this site just sitting there.

Remember to take pictures so we can keep the bubble oil level and the 'Mad Ones' happy. 8) :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks!

Postby Billl Burton » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:40 pm

Thanks everyone , we will post our needs as soon as I figure them out :roll:
Billl Burton
Teardrop Inspector

Forgot Something

Postby Billl Burton » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:51 pm

Sorry, I forgot to answer a couple of questions that were asked. We are from Columbus Ohio and I am just under 6 ft tall my wife is 5 ft. From the small amount of research I have done so far , it seems like lots of things will work but that height of the trailer is the most critical thing in gas economy, wind problems, hauling problems etc. ?? Also that using 4x8 material saves you a lot of money and problems .?? Am I correct?
Billl Burton
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves