Out of the shadows in Oregon

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Out of the shadows in Oregon

Postby Randy G » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:09 pm

I guess I will finally come out of the shadows and introduce myself. Im Randy, and I have been reading this forum for sometime and think I have caught the teardrop bug. I have small and full size cardboard tears everywhere trying to decide what to build and how big. And then can I do this build and have it done right.
Well Im happy to say that I ordered my wood today. I decided to use the benroy plans as a base but rounding the front a foot to make it 9 ft long and 4 ft wide. I would like to keep it as lite as I can so I can pull it with a small car. I have a goal to be able to make the gathering in Washington this coming May so have to get after it to make it by then.
Im looking forward to meeting you guys somewhere along the way in person. I have really enjoy reading stuff here, good info and entertaining at times too. C'ya, Randy :D [/i]
Rom. 8:28
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Re: Out of the shadows in Oregon

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:32 pm

Randy G wrote:I guess I will finally come out of the shadows and introduce myself. Im Randy, and I have been reading this forum for sometime and think I have caught the teardrop bug. I have small and full size cardboard tears everywhere trying to decide what to build and how big. And then can I do this build and have it done right.
Well Im happy to say that I ordered my wood today. I decided to use the benroy plans as a base but rounding the front a foot to make it 9 ft long and 4 ft wide. I would like to keep it as lite as I can so I can pull it with a small car. I have a goal to be able to make the gathering in Washington this coming May so have to get after it to make it by then.
Im looking forward to meeting you guys somewhere along the way in person. I have really enjoy reading stuff here, good info and entertaining at times too. C'ya, Randy :D [/i]

Welcome to the forum Randy as you know it's a great resource to build a trailer and the entertainment is free too. It will be nice to watch your tear being built and hope to meet you at the Spring Fling next year. If you watch the TOW website there will be a winter potluck that you could attend too. Make sure you bring some of that great cheese to the pot luck. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:30 am

Randy, Welcome from another Oregonian who built a Benroy. I hope after the last few days you have made provisions for pontoon attachments. Good luck with your build and don't be afraid to ask if you have questions.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby dwgriff1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:53 am

Welcome aboard Randy. If you think you may have the bug, you have.

It's a zoo, it is a nut house with the inmates in charge. It is total insanity, and if you are going to even think of building a tear, this forum is essential. More wisdom here than we might ever be able to assimilate.

Good luck.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby cablerunners » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am

Welcome Randy!

Give me a hollar next time you're in Portland, you're welcome to stop by and see my build in progress.

Have Fun,
-phil
cablerunners
Teardrop Master

Postby Et Cetera » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:09 pm

Howdy, from another soggy Oregonian (in the Hillsboro area).
~Teri
Et Cetera
Teardrop Master

Postby JawjaBoy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Welcome,Randy ! Do Oregonians have wrinkled skin from all that rain? :lol:
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rbeemer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Welcome,Randy ! Do Oregonians have wrinkled skin from all that rain?

Of course not David - though we have been known to have web feet and where else in the US can grown up men walk around with t-shirts on that say "Got Beaver" and not get into trouble.
:lol: 8)
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby JawjaBoy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Q » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:25 pm

Hello from the dry side of Oregon (Bend). Looks like you folks in Tillamook got some major rain today!

What kind of small car are you planning on pulling it with? I'm thinking of building a really light one that I can tow with my Suzuki Swift which is like a 4 cylinder Geo Metro. I pull my current teardrop with a Toyota pickup.

Q
Q
Teardrop Master

Thank you

Postby Randy G » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:52 am

Thank you guys and lady for making me feel welcome to the tear family of insanity. Yep I do have webbed feet and wrinkled wet skin. Will have to do some pontoons for the tear to make it through times like this. Record rain fall we are used to it flooding here but from what Ive been seeing this was even worse than 96. Anyway we made it through and will have to move on.
Ill take you up on your offers to answer questions cuz I know Ill have some. Ill get some photos posted when I get some, Randy
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Postby jdarkoregon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:07 pm

Randy,

I wanted to step up and say Hi too. Welcome to crazy land, You will enjoy the ideas, Sorry to hear about all the rain you are getting on the coast, Hope all are well.

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

In Southern Oregon right now

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:07 pm

8) Hi Randy,

I'm on a mini-vacation in Oregon with Dean (of Eureka) and kids for the Veteran's Day holiday. We like to take a short jaunt up this way every now and then. Welcome to the forum. I'm still a teardrop groupie, camping in a SST, cuz every time Dean & I have gone to a TD gathering he changes his mind about the build :? he's gonna do. Just a suggestion....you might want to build it first and then go to one! :lol:

Please check out our website for the IRG as you are close enough to attend and we're planning to hold another in 2008. By then you, & Dean :worship: should be done building. :)

www.pamplingrove.com
The Teardrop Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:11 pm

Randy,
Definately... get one built, then go. :lol:
Yeap... We weren't getting enough rain, so we decided to head up the coast.
We're looking at sunny skies here in Brookings this morning. :cry:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

tow car

Postby Randy G » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Q wrote:Hello from the dry side of Oregon (Bend). Looks like you folks in Tillamook got some major rain today!

What kind of small car are you planning on pulling it with? I'm thinking of building a really light one that I can tow with my Suzuki Swift which is like a 4 cylinder Geo Metro. I pull my current teardrop with a Toyota pickup.

Q

Hi Q
i am planning to pull the tear with a Hyundai Tiburon V6. I had a reciever custom made for a bike rack made for the car but I think it will need to be beefed up a bit to be on the safe side. Bend is a nice place to live, Ive been to Sun River several times. Got some great cycling in your area. Randy
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves