Hello from Colorado

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Colorado

Postby Colorado Trout » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi there, my names Chris... I've been lurking around on this site (on and of) for about a year now, and I've finaly decided to sign up. I'm 32 y/o in the USAF (active duty for 14 years) as a communications network engineer, and I've got 6 years left to build me a nice Tear Drop. The plans and ideas change daily with all of the build pics I see, so im not sure this was the best site for me (J/K), but im kind of settled on a smaller 4' x 8' design, maybe Modernistic (for the curves), or Benroy for the simplicity.

But enough of me, and thanks for creating this site...
Colorado Trout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gerdo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:21 pm

I assume "Colorado Trout" meens that you are in Colorado? What part? You can post more info on your profile and it will show under "Author" when you post. Good planing will help your build. You should also see some TDs in person. What are the specifics of your TD?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Hello from Colorado

Postby Colorado Trout » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Gerdo, didnt even notice the profile options at the bottom of the screen... Im in Aurora Co, right now but im originally from Littleton.

As for the TD, im still in the very begining stages of planning I havent even picked out a trailer yet.
Colorado Trout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gerdo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:33 pm

If you want to see my TD and you are going to be in Littleton or by Hampden and Federal (my storage lot) I would like to show her to you. You may get some ideas or answer some questions.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Colorado Trout » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:35 pm

That would be great, I'm working this weekend, but I would love to set something up
Colorado Trout
Teardrop Inspector

Another Colorado Builder

Postby ccdell » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:18 pm

Great to hear that there is another Colorado builder on the site. That makes three of us in the last few weeks (thats how long I have really been paying attention). I am south of you in the spring. I have one more project (and 5 pieces) to finish before I can start the teardrop. Like you, I have not yet decided on a design, but I am kind of avoiding that for now so I can finish the other projects. Gotta hurry though - fishing season is starting soon :)

Scott
ccdell
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from Colorado

Postby Outlaw » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Colorado Trout wrote:Hi there, my names Chris... I've been lurking around on this site (on and of) for about a year now, and I've finaly decided to sign up. I'm 32 y/o in the USAF (active duty for 14 years) as a communications network engineer, and I've got 6 years left to build me a nice Tear Drop.

Welcome aboard! NOW GIMME 341! :lol:

I thought you'd get a kick out of that.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:46 am

Hey Colorado Trout... and Gerdo.. Just a note to say hi!, Colorado Trout, I live in Littleton and have my Tear right off Broadway and Orchard... Happy to show her off if you're in the neighborhood. Have been camping with Gerdo and his tear is sweet! My brother and I built mine from Jan 06 to July 4th... She has 2000 miles on her now. Look at lots and talk with other owners, it will help you determine your wants and needs! Have another friend in usaf in springs starting her build now. She's been lurking here lately and finally started to post! Gerdo....keep in touch, Colorado Trout, keep looking and outlaw nice to see your chat!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Colorado Trout » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 am

341........ Oh man, I havent heard that one for awhile.....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, this place is great!!!!!

I would love to see all of the TD's everyones offering up to see, theres nothing like seeing one hands on.
Colorado Trout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JawjaBoy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 pm

Welcome,Trout ! :)
David ------------------------------------------
JawjaBoy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JunkMan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Welcome aboard!

Are you stationed at Buckley? My son was stationed there a couple of years ago, is over in Misawa, Japan for another year, then hopes to get back to Colorado (with or without the USAF).
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Colorado Trout » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 pm

Junkman,
Yes ive been at Buckley for about 4 years now, it took me 10 years to get back here but it was well worth it. I see your in South Dakota, my first base was Ellsworth back in 92
Colorado Trout
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JunkMan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 am

Trout,

My son wants to come back to Denver when his hitch in Japan ends. His wife is from Denver (her dad works at Buckley too), and he really likes the area. He's thinking about getting out if they send him somewhere else.

I know a lot of guys over at Ellsworth. Had a buddy that worked on missles when we still had them. Got to take a tour of the training silo on base, that was pretty cool!

We get down to Denver quite often (one of our granddaughters lives there). Probably won't have the TD with us any time soon, but will have to let you know when we come down with it. It's a modernistic style.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby George T. » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Greetings from Florence, Colorado Trout!

Hi Pam & Gerdo! It's good to see more folks from Colorado on the board. I don't frequent as much as I used to. It's hit & miss any more... Plenty of teardrops and ideas to see here in Colorado. If I can help with plans/idea/info, let me know. I am about 2 hours south of you.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby vipercairo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:33 am

Active duty USAF RULE! Spent 20-years playing with jet fighters... and then 25-years building them! Don't take 6-years to build your TD... As a newby too... we can compare progress.... nothing like a little incentive to keep the project on track... Check 6

Carl
Lead, Follow or Get Out of The Way!

Carl

Image Image
vipercairo
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves