daydreamer from South Carolina

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

daydreamer from South Carolina

Postby daydreamer » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:14 pm

hey ,hey hear i am. sorry no picture dont have a camra. Decided to try an build a tear drop. Boy do i have a lot to learn. Started by letting my brother inlaw build the frame of trailor for me.he took part of a tobacco trl and put the axle ,spring an tongue on it. for me. well when he put it togeater he put the axle about 6 inches off center toward the front to give me less weight on the tongue.Hope this is ok.the frame is 5 x 10. Oh, im sorry let me tell you a little about myself first. I drove 18 whellers for 20 yrs. Had a heart attack august 9,4 yrs ago.I was lucky my wife was with me. They lost me 3 times that day.been disabled ever since.problems heart lungs,back, just plain old run down :lol: ,But hear i am like the everready bunny im still ticking thanks to my wife.Ok hear goes im on a limited income to build my tear drop trl.with my disabilities i need to have power hook ups for my c-pac machine for sleep actnea.also a airconditoner.because i now have problems with the heat and cold.I know veary little about wireing things up. And dont know anyone who dose.So ill be learning from this forum just about every thing.So please have patience with me.for all the question i may ask.This will not be that easy for me cause when i had my heart attack it also hurt my memory about things.I really think trying to buid my teardrop will be good for me in a lot of ways. So all the help will be greatly apriciated. Looking forward to this challenge. :thumbsup:
daydreamer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:21 pm

DD, welcome to the board from another 20+ year trucker...I too am presently sidelined because of back problems caused by too many up and downs while looking neat in my air-ride seat :D ...don't be shy about asking...we will come up with the answers for ya...good luck on this new adventure...it's a hoot........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:44 am

Welcome Daydreamer,
Building a teardrop is good therapy, just take it easy. Best thing about the forum---if ya forget we will still be here. I forget some things myself.

Electrical stuff is all here. Just let me suggest from the begining to back up everything. They make cord packs that have breakers and GFCI. If you look you may even find one with an alarm in case of a problem. ;) I'll try to look around for that.

Your teardrop doesn't have to be fancy or heavy. You can use light weight materials. The big box stores will even make straight cuts on your wood for you. :D

Look around. There is a lot of information here and all of it good for something. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Miriam C. on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Podunkfla » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:50 am

daydreamer... Welcome to the best resource on the web for building your trailer... Fine bunch of folks here and all the help you could ever need. I too had a major heart attack 4 years ago... so know where your coming from. Take your time and enjoy the process... building these things can (will) become an obsession. You can go to the top of the page here and do a search on "tongue weight", "axle placement" "wiring" and most anything else you need to know about building teardrops. There is a ton of information about every facit of the hobby... enjoy. :thumbsup:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:14 am

If you would like to see and learn more come on up. I'm only an hour or so from you straight up I-95 at the HWY59 exit in Fayetteville NC. PM for Phone number and directions.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves