Hello from Birmingham, UK

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Birmingham, UK

Postby Bugger it » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello from England,

I think I've caught the the Teardrop bug, I've always been into old VWs and had a few VW campers, Beetles and recently been playing with a few Beach Buggys. Then the other day looking for some parts for my Manx Buggy I come across these superb looking trailers, the next thing I know I've ordered some plans from Desert Tears, and found an old Caravan chassis with brakes. Then I come across this site, I think I have it bad. Is there a cure or do you just build one and use it, which is as good a cure as any.

So you will be hearing more from soon as I start the build and ask for help.
Cheers Sam :thumbsup:
Bugger it
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mardors » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:27 pm

Bugger it,

Welcome to the forum. I think, VW Beetle and TD trailer wiil be excellent collection.
:thumbsup:

Best regards
Stop comfortable hotels, stop comfortable tents - I need only sweet teardop.
mardors
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Sam and Welcome to the Playpen 8) Best of luck with the plans from Desert Tears. Whatever you decide to build, keep the pics coming because Madjack and Miriam "just luv da pics" 8)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Joseph » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Welcome aboard, Sam! You might want to check this thread on Desert Teardrop plans.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Welcome to the board,

And NO, there is no cure for this addiction!!!! Before you have your first one finished you will be thinking of how your going to build your next one, and then the one after that!!
That being said, welcome to the madness. The people here are great and will help you out with any questions you may have, enjoy.

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby Bugger it » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Joseph wrote:Welcome aboard, Sam! You might want to check this thread on Desert Teardrop plans.

Joseph

Thanks for the welcome, I have looked at the above thread and it has worried me a bit but I will be only be using them as a base, I have other ideas most of them stolen from other trailers I have seen on this site :D .
Thanks again.
Bugger it
Teardrop Inspector

Postby DaveandDebbie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Ron wrote:Welcome to the board,

And NO, there is no cure for this addiction!!!! Before you have your first one finished you will be thinking of how your going to build your next one, and then the one after that!!
That being said, welcome to the madness. The people here are great and will help you out with any questions you may have, enjoy.

Ron

I'm With Ron welcome 8)
DaveandDebbie
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dewayne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Welcome Sam.

I'm sure you will like this site cuz it's loaded with imformation from ground up plus.

dewayne
Pay it forward and the world would be a better place.
dewayne
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:34 pm

Bugger it,

Welcome to the forum...

I've been looking at the replies to your post, and I think we have most corners of the globe covered! :o

Make some drawings, take some pictures and let us know what you are up to.

And I agree with the others, you'll be planning your second before you are done with your first! :R

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Welcome aboard the board...don't forget the Generic Benroy plans at the top of this page...they are great plans and can be adapted to most any profile you desire...oh yeah the pics...Paul is really the one obsessed with them but we all luv 'em, so take plenty.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:33 pm

madjack wrote:Welcome aboard the board...don't forget the Generic Benroy plans at the top of this page...they are great plans and can be adapted to most any profile you desire...oh yeah the pics...Paul is really the one obsessed with them but we all luv 'em, so take plenty.....
madjack 8)

Thanks Jack :lol:

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:19 pm

PaulC wrote:
madjack wrote:Welcome aboard the board...don't forget the Generic Benroy plans at the top of this page...they are great plans and can be adapted to most any profile you desire...oh yeah the pics...Paul is really the one obsessed with them but we all luv 'em, so take plenty.....
madjack 8)

Thanks Jack :lol:

Cheers

Welcome to the Playground Sam. Ya gotta watch these guys they are both mad about da pics. And get a good supply of bubble oil. :thumbsup:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mr Tim » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:11 pm

HI Sam
From another tear drop fan in the UK. I`m not far from you in Rugeley nr Lichfield. I am trying to get my VW camper completed as that is to be the tow vehicle when I get round to building my tear.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.
Do you frequent any of the VW forums such as volkstorque?

Cheers

Tim
Wear a smile and have freinds, wear a frown and have wrinkles!
Mr Tim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JunkMan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Welcome Sam,

There are several VW fans on the forum, both air and water cooled. I currently drive a 77 Bug, the wife has a 2000 TDI Beetle. We've also got a 56 bug, 60 sunroof Bug, 73 Thing, and several other VW's.

Once I finish my current tear, I hope to build an off-road version to pull behind a Baja Bug.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby KA » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:20 am

Welcome to the forum. :) It is indeed habit-forming.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves