Newbie from Saginaw Michigan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Saginaw Michigan

Postby cam5e » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Hello all. I'm a newbie to the world of Teardrops and hope to start building one this spring. I'm interested in the 2+2. But, I'm open to suggestions.

Keith
Gen. Jack D. Ripper: "I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Hey Keith,

Welcome to the forum...

Saginaw, eh? I get up there quite a bit.

As for which teardrop you're going to build, it depends on what you need. And we need more details before we can make any suggestions...

How many people? Kids? Dogs? What kind of camping? Rustic? Electric?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby cam5e » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:55 pm

One daughter (8) and a Jack Russell Terrrier. No Wife :worship:

The family (Mom and Dad) have 80 acres in Northern Michigan so some rustic is always going to happen. But, the daughter does set some of the rules; so lakes and playgrounds are nice at times.

I'm thinking that I want an AC/DC power system. And since I like to go before and after the crowds (and this is Michigan) A furnace is a must (hey, I like my comfort).

I have a Dodge Dakota, so I don't think any tear is going to pose a problem in towing.

I'm really impresssed with some of the home builts I've seen on this site. And I'm a passable carpenter and a decent electrician (I do DC work all the time at work). My biggest concern will be the metal work. Plus having the patience to do things in order. It's easy on a project to get ahead of the actual progress.
Gen. Jack D. Ripper: "I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Keith,
Welcome to the Adult play house. Lots of information here so take your time and mix it up. That way you get what you like. :thumbsup: Oh and lots of :pictures: cause we got a Madjack and a Mad Aussi running around here somewhere and we just luv the :pictures: :thumbsup:

It's easy on a project to get ahead of the actual progress.

:lol: :rofl2: Well you gotta learn to back up sometime. ;) :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Endo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Keith,

Welcome!

I see your from Saginaw, Michigan. I was born and raised in Saginaw! We still make it up that way to visit family (in the Midland area).

Good Luck with your build. It's alot of fun!

Brad
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby cam5e » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:13 pm

Glad to see you got out Brad. :thumbsup: Parental health issues brought me back from California a few years back. But, the Midwest is home and I'm making the best of it.
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves