im a new B

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

im a new B

Postby comet the dog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 pm

hello all
my wife and i have both admired these little trailers for quite some time and always thought it would be great to own and camp in one. i had not thought of building one myself until i found this site, about two weeks ago, now i cant get it out of my head.

a little about myself and my family, i am 40 my wife is ---- years old and i hve two daughters one teen the other not far behind. we all love camping, we have have tried just about every variety of it from tent camping to 40' trailer with tv and microwave. but to date the most fun we have had was in a 12' camp trailer purchased for $150.00. should have kept it in hind sight but whats done is done. camping in one i built will be better anyway.

im in no hurry to get it built so i will cruise this awsome website and steal all your great and inovative ideas for design and storage. i plan to begin building this project maybe as soon as next winter. size is really of no concern as i will be towing with a 1966 ford country sedan station wagon. so how big is to big to be concidered to big for this site? i was thinkin along the lines of 7' wide and 12-14' long and about 5' tall. whatcha all think. let me have it "the good the bad and the ugly".
rob 8)

p.s. we live in s.w. washington :thumbsup:
comet the dog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:25 pm

Welcome Rob,
Hum where to start. Pictures are very important to us all so dig out the camera and keep us up on what you are doing. I really shouldn't tell you about the mad ones cause, well, they are gettin touchy bout getting the blame for all the picture request. But--- 8) :lol:

12 to 14feet and 5 tall might look a lot like a hotdog bun. You can always draw it up and make a model. If you like it do it. We don't make too many restrictions around here. :D ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Ira » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Rob, look at Dale's Squidget for around the size you're talking about. Most of us here are building and have built the tiny stuff. (Dale is a GREAT guy, and his plans are for sale.)

Is your intention to sleep 4?

If you really want the cool TD style, check out Rob's ultra-gorgeous cabin car. Maybe those dimensions, the layout, can be modified to sleep 4--or maybe they do NOW and I just don't remember.

The thing is AWESOME.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Here's a link to Rob's cabin car. It's very nice, :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby comet the dog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:47 pm

:o that thing is amazing
comet the dog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:58 am

Pictures, :o we love pictures, dogs, cats, Mum, kids, neighbours :? but, most of all we luv pics of your progress. Don't we MJ. 8)

There Ya go Miriam, didn't mention your name once ;)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Ira » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:42 am

Dog, if I knew then what I know now, I would have done mine to Rob's size and drove him nuts asking questions so I could copy it.

I don't even know if it was his original design, or whether HE copied it.

But if I ever build a second one, that's the one I'm building.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Dee Bee » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:04 am

Welcome,

You will find a generous group here. Lots of knowledge, wit and wisdom. My word of advise, build it the way you want it to be.

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby comet the dog » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Dee Bee wrote:Welcome,
My word of advise, build it the way you want it to be.

Dee Bee

oh, i plan on building it my way im just going to use all of everybodys good ideas but my own :R as i have a very limited imagination :cry:
comet the dog
Teardrop Inspector

TD

Postby sHoootR » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Your in trouble now ,,,,,,,,,the BUG has bitten another..............yippee
the more the merrier.........LOL :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby KA » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 am

Welcome to the site. I am just beginning my build...chassis is welded. I started by reading a lot of the threads on this forum and asking tons of questions. I also recommend checking with your state to see what the requirements are for licensing your trailer. In my state, a person needs to save all their receipts as part of the process. Anyway, good luck with your build. Have fun.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby comet the dog » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:58 pm

KA wrote: I also recommend checking with your state to see what the requirements are for licensing your trailer. In my state, a person needs to save all their receipts as part of the process.Kris :)

geeeze thanks for doing my homework for me. im from longview. about 60 milles south on i5 8)
comet the dog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KA » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:48 am

Hi Comet the Dog,
You are welcome for the homework help and glad to hear of another teardrop builder in our area. Good luck on your build.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby IndyTom » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:35 am

Welcome Comet the Dog,

My kids are a little behind where yours are, but our needs for a camper are very similar to yours. So, I am building very close to the size you are describing. At least I was untill a money crunch and family issues starting sucking up all my time. Take a look at my album and you can see sort of where I am headed. I am further along than my album show, so I gotta post da pics to pay my dues.

Make sure u look at the design library link at the top of the page. There are some really great ideas there.

I am finally getting started again and I am finally back on the forum. You will really enjoy hanging out here, we are a pretty friendly bunch.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby comet the dog » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:50 am

thanks everybody for warm welcome. i not really sure which route i a going to go :thinking: wheather i follow some plans :oops: or create my own "frankentrailer" :twisted: (hey maybe thats what ill call it) it wont be happening for while. too many half dones around here. but trust me my the gears in my head are a turnin. and who know maybe one or two of those other projects may just have to wait. how long can you put off new windows and a dishwasher a new roof, carpet, siding, water lines plumbing . oh im just kidding, we dont need new carpet :R :R :R
rob
comet the dog
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves