Obsessed

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Obsessed

Postby Signman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:05 pm

Hello everybody, My name is Darrel. I'm a sign guy for the hiway department in Iowa. I also have a vinyl cutter at home, for some signmaking there. A couple of weeks ago I bought plans from Desert Teardrops. My axle is on it's way and I picked up the steel for the frame yesterday. I still haven't decided if I am going to go with the profile that came with the plans or maybe the Benroy style. The Benroy looks like it would have just a little bit more room. The steel that I got for the frame is 2" x 2" x 3/16" I know that's a little more heavy than I probably needed but that's what I have to work with now. I'm going to build the 4' x 8' model, just because it is easier to find the materials, and cheaper too. I can't remember where I saw my first teardrop (sometime within the last two months) but I have been pretty much obsessed ever since. I'm glad I found this website. It's great. Thanks in advance for the many questions I will probably be asking.[/b]
Signman
Teardrop Builder

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi Darrel and welcome to the forum. There's alot of cool trailers in here. We're down in MO 40 miles Northeast of KC so not real close but close enough for gatherings so hope to meet up with you face to face. One of Trudy, my wife and my favorite places is Red rock lake up by Pella so if we get a chance to run that way this spring we'll send you a PM.

GAry and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby jplock » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Hello Darrel,
Welcome to the group! There is plenty of good advice here, and what is neat is not all are built exactly the same, and yours won't either so build on. Ask lots of questions and take lots of pictures. As Madjack sez we love them pictures.
jplock
:) :) :)
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:22 pm

Welcome to the play ground for the truly obsessed Darrel. The Benroy does give a bit more room than some. It is a great design and the plans are wonderful.

Like JP says we love the pictures and if you know what bubble oil is bring it along too. :lol:
Last edited by Miriam C. on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby wolfix » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Welcome signman.......
You're from my town, well ..next door anyway. My old town. I too am putting together a TD this summer.... I have my plans down to about 3 now......
I'm thinking in terms of a 4x8 also...... Even though that goes against the thinking of most.........
good luck......
"I am the guy our parents warned us about."
wolfix
Teardrop Master

Postby tonyj » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:18 am

We've snagged another one! :twisted: :twisted:

Welcome to the jungle. You'll get plenty of help from all the group therapists here. Good luck on your build, and don't forget the pics. Madjack (and everyone else!) will hound you to death for them!
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Signman » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:49 am

Hey Wolfix, What town were you from in Iowa, and where are you now? I'm just nosey.
Signman
Teardrop Builder

Postby wolfix » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Waterloo/CedarFalls.. I actually moved to Cedar Falls after 45 years in Waterloo....... If you work for the DOT I lived up the road on Ridgeway towards West High.....

I haven't built a TD yet.....I'm split between a TD and converting a multi use cargo trailer....... [Pics as follows]
I would go with a 5x10 so I could sit up at a table..... I plan on using it for bow hunting deer up near Lansing in the late fall, and other things different times of the year. I am not concerned with a galley for cooking. I cook at home all th etime and when I go someplace, I want to eat out....... Nothing but a microwave for leftovers, a single burner propane stove to make hot water for coffee. and maybe a crockpot that I can plug in..... Simplicity.

"I am the guy our parents warned us about."
wolfix
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves