Hi From Colorado

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi From Colorado

Postby HossHoffer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:32 pm

Great to be here. I've been studying your rigs in the Hall of Fame forever and it finally hit me. Sign up you slacker. I have gathered most of the things I need to put a nice queen sized teardrop together, kind of a conglomeration of everything I've seen. I've welded up the trailer frame and will get to the good parts as soon as I back the Cherokee out of the garage from its engine change (I put in a 4.6l stroker engine that I built up). Hope to be asking lots of questions very soon.

We have some property in southwestern Utah near Zion and Bryce National Parks and do a lot of camping around there and love the whole Colorado Plateau so any suggestions for the teardrop from those who do desert camping would be great. Oh and we love to do dutch oven.

2 out of the 4 kids are still at home so we plan to make storage for their tent. Hope to hear from you all in the future and thanks for all the great pictures and plans.

Hoss and Cheri Hoffer
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Welcome to the playground Hoss and Cheri. You've made a good start to sleeping off the floor.

We have only a few request in return for all the info we can give you and all of them involve :pictures: :D

Enjoy your planing and building.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Pictures forthcoming

Postby HossHoffer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can!
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Postby sdtripper2 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 am

Hoss and Cheri

Welcome.....
We are glad you signed uP & de-cloaked & came in out of the lurk mode.
You will have the benefit of many minds that have crossed many-a-mile
building .... & experience talks here, for sure.

As you already know pictures are the coin or the realm for answers and encouragement here.

The best wishes for every step of your build you do and share here.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Out in the open

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:29 am

8) Welcome...so glad you decided to quit lurking and slacking and join the forum. And you're a Dutch Oven fan :) You'll fit right in. Just let the kids know they have a SST (soft sided tear-- a polite name for tent).
Desert camping tip: you might want to invest in an EZ-up to provide you some additional cover/shade for when it gets hot. Check out the link below if you think you might be interested in coming West to the Redwood area sometime. Best wishes on your build.

TDN
Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Gerdo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:43 am

Welcome Hoss. Another Colorado TD. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask any question that you may have.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:49 am

Hey Hoss,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to come out of lurking. Do you have a digital camera? Remember to take pictures of your build.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves