Hello from Brazil

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Brazil

Postby mke_sc » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi guys!
I'm really happy I've found this forum. Some time ago I've discovered this kind of trailer on the web (I never saw one of this or heard about it before in my country) and became fascinated with the possibility of build it by myself. As you can imagine, to find some information in Brazil can become a quest, so here I am. I can't wait to put my hands on work.:twisted:
As an architect, first step is to make a project, in fact, to adapt the dimensions to metric scale and to the dimensions of the equipment/materials available in Brazil. This can take a lot of time of research. I will post a 3D preview of it when this step is done.

Just curiosity: There's anyone else from Brazil?:thinking:
For where I will be, there I will be...
mke_sc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Welcome to the board!! Glad to have another country involved in our little community here. If you have questions, just ask and you will get plenty of answers. Looking forward to seeing your vison.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:04 pm

Welcome to the forum msc.

Glad you found us. While I've not seen anyone from Brazil, there are a number of people who work in metric.

So if you have any questions, just ask away!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm sure some TD friends from Europe (angib?) and Netherlands, Australia, etc can be of big help to you.

MSC ...... welcome, you may get lots of funny looks at what you're building and might just new trend in Brazil !!! haha

Welcome !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Great another Country :woohoo:
Welcome to the TD playground for adults and a few youngsters too. Lots of information to be had we just ask for :pictures: in return. Ya gotta know we get fanatical about them.

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby PaulC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Welcome to the mayhem mke_sc. Imp to metric is easy, just buy a tape with both on it :lol: Make sure you have a look at the Generic Benroy plans listed at the top of this page, all the info you need. Somewhere around the place is a copy of the weekend warrior that has been converted to metric measurements. I think Andrew tagged it as the Metric Warrior. Have fun and keep us posted with pics otherwise Auntie M will give you grief 8)
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Hey Julie, what happened to your avatar?
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:51 pm

Welcome Mike_SC,

When I think of Brazil..... I think of exotic hardwoods, what a great place to build a woodie tear drop. Can't wait to see the plan.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Oi

Postby HossHoffer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:36 pm

Nao sou do Brasil mas falo a lingua e tenho muitos amigos de la. E um grande plazer de ter um brasileiro aqui!

Have a great build. I'm new too so will let the experts give the advice.

Bem Vindos,
Hoss
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:23 am

Miriam C. wrote:
Welcome to the TD playground for adults...

Here??? Really??? I musta missed them. Welcome to the funhouse anyway!! :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Ira » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 am

WELCOME!

I survived a week in Rio when I was single--and I have the pictures to prove it. (Is Fantasy Island still open there?)

I don't think you'll have much problems finding the stuff you need, and it's not all that impossible to have the small stuff shipped there.

I would guess that you want to build something for off-road, with some of the great places you can travel within the country. That also means a high-capacity DC system.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Thanks to all of you!

Postby mke_sc » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 am

I'm on some other forums and groups, but never been so welcome. Thanks again, folks.
I live far away from Rio and even more far away from the Amazonian Rainforest, in a little town at southern Brazil (in the middle of the state of Santa Catarina), without Carnaval, nude women, indians or monkeys... :lol: In fact, we have a lot of beautiful places to go for camping even in my region, where is plenty of mountains, fields, fallingwaters and cute little cities along the roads. And the seashore... Just perfect for a weekend TD travel.
If I'm right, I believe that mine will be the first Teardrop ever built in Brazil, so I'll pay the price of being a pioneer. Convert the dimensions will be the easier part of proccess, I'll leave Autocad to do it for me. :D
My intention is to give to my little kid Pedro (on my avatar) the same good moments that my father gave to me and my brothers, when I was a kid and all my family used to travel to a different place for a month at each summer. On purpose, my father will gratefully help me in this task.
Regards,
Marcus Keske (this is my name)
For where I will be, there I will be...
mke_sc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby DaveandDebbie » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

Welcome Marcus
You came to the wright place 8)
This Forum can most likely answer any question you may have. keep us posted on the build :applause:
DaveandDebbie
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary K » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

Welcome Marcus!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, You have found a great place here. These folks here are wonderful, and very supportive.

We also have AutoCAD users here, like me, that can give you help if you need it. Just ask. I have some 2D drawings on my Generic Benroy build if you need a place to start.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Tchau!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Re: Thanks to all of you!

Postby Ira » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 pm

mke_sc wrote:without nude women

You mean nowhere? How do you make babies then?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes I crack MYSELF up.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Re: Thanks to all of you!

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Ira wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes I crack MYSELF up.

I guess somebody's got to do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's that magazine!!!!! :R :R :R
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves