Hello from Georgia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Georgia

Postby Trackstriper » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:27 am

I have been looking over this forum for nearly a month now and have been amazed at what you have been able to build. The overall attitude is really nice in that everyone seems to want to help, even when it does get a little heated. I am totally new to functioning on a forum, so I'll beg your forgiveness as I learn the ropes....a true newbie in this regard.

I live in Marietta, Georgia, a suburb to the northwest of Atlanta. I have built all sorts of mechanical things during my life. That's generally what I do best. I have a niche type of job, painting lines and markings on the athletic tracks at high schools and colleges.

I am seriously considering building a tiny travel trailer for my wife and myself. Most everything that I have seen at the RV dealers/shows has been too large, too much work to tow. A teardrop, frankly, may be too small. I'm thinking something like a modern "compact" that I can take out for several weeks at a time if I wish. I will pull the trailer with my full-sized work van, so I have a little more "shadow" within which to hide the trailer.

I'll post questions as necessary and offer input as applicable. There's a lot of miscellaneous stuff in my head! Thank you for providing this forum.
Last edited by Trackstriper on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trackstriper
Gold Donating Member

Postby wok » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:32 am

hello trackstriper and welcome.
Im also new to the forum, only been a member for less than a month. These are some of the nicest and most helpful folks around. They have already helped me with so much. Im just a little east of you in upstate SC, born in atlanta actually. I too found teardrops to be a tad too small, so Im building what they call a tiny travel trailer i think? its the TTT in T&TTT :lol:
-Will
wok
Teardrop Master

Postby Geron » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:59 am

Welcome, Trackstriper,

I'm just west of you in Carrollton. You've found a fine group of folks here this forum. I'm on my second build and still trying to learn how to build one of these things. :? :roll:

g

That looks an awful lot like a Tilly Hat.
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:01 am

Welcome to the best playground around. 8) I remember when Marietta was a separate, beautiful town. I look forward to your build cause we love em all.

Now don't let anyone tell they don't love the pictures, or that I do all the naggin cause the truth is they were naggin when I got here :lol: :pictures: 8)

We love the questions as much as the pictures so ask away. ;)
Last edited by Miriam C. on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby s4son » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:26 am

Welcome aboard! Teardrop, TTT, we love em all. And don't let Miriam fool you, we didn't even know you could post pictures until she pointed it out. :lol:

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:21 am

Welcome, and ya know... well, you've probably already discovered... that building / modifying a teardrop is the best because you can make it the size and dimensions that suit you and your family / tow vehicle / personal space.... and you can make it as fancy or as plain as you want.

My Jewel Box is now campable , but not quite the Jewel yet... but this group of folks from this forum are the absolutely sweetest...!!! At my first campout, it was so nice to take my barely done trailer and have some pro's like Sonetpro and Loader compliment my 'work' .... and share stories and pictures and good camping food !!!!

I hope you'll get the same encouragement and help for your project !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mincey » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Welcome neighbor! We are in Forsyth county, between Cumming and Gainesville, just off Lake Lanier. We didn't build - we got a clamshell T@B. I don't have the building skills, and hubby is a procrastinator, so when I discovered teardrops, I was leaning to buying a Camp-Inn. But hubby wanted something he could at least stand up in, and then I found the T@B. The clamshell model has the outdoor galley under the hatch in the back, so it was a perfect compromise! We have really enjoyed it, and since we are still worker-bees we mainly go out on weekends close to home. The GA state parks are really nice. We are camping at Cloudland Canyon this coming weekend (tomorrow - yay!) and are looking forward to our first visit there.

Enjoy the forum!
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves