Georgia Cracker reporting in

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Georgia Cracker reporting in

Postby Dixie Flyer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:47 pm

:D Howdy from Georgia. After months of reading this forum, I finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. I've never seen so much doggone information on these little baby trailers. So much so, that it caused me to go out and buy a Yoder Toder Silver Shadow. (It was a budget thang....I got it pretty cheap, brand new too!) And I have to admit, that thing is a nice doggone little trailer. And I ain't even used it yet.

Anyhow, I just wanna say that this is a cool a$$ forum and I've already learned a hell uva lot.

I cain't say I'll be postin' frequently, but I'm gonna keep a sharp eye cos there's just too much knowledge to pass up. And there ain't nothing better than cool ideas and cool guitars.

Anyway, gotta go, headed to Gatlinburg in the morning. (Teardropless trip unfortunately, kind of a scoutin' trip so to speak...) Reckon I'll check back Sunday evening sometime.

Once again, great forum and howdy to all. Talk to ya soon.
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:56 pm

Well Howdy!!!

Congrats on your new purchase!!! :thumbsup: :applause: And Welcome the the Penut Gallery.

Hope to see you at a gathering.

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Welcome Dixie Flyer,
Congrats on the purchase. Hope you have a safe trip and remember to :pictures: 8) We really just like em.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary K » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:03 pm

HA, I beat Auntie M to welcome a newbie!! HA!!!

Slowpoke :R

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:28 pm

Mary K wrote:HA, I beat Auntie M to welcome a newbie!! HA!!!

Slowpoke :R

Mk

uh huh, see if I answer your pms first again. 8) :lol: jAnd you forgot to nag for da pic's.

Uhhhh newbie we don't do serious. Bet ya can tell. :lol: ;)
Old and slow. :NC
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Dixie Flyer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 pm

:beer:
Thanks Auntie M & Mary K for the warm welcome.

I have looked at literally thousands of TD's online (since September last year) and the Silver Shadow was by far the best value for the money. I saw better ones (or they at least looked to be better ones....) but they were pretty much out of my price range.

I do have a few TD questions I want to ask but I'm going to wait and look through the forum first to see if I can find some answers. (Don't want to look like a goober right off ya know....)

The Dixie Flyer
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Hey!! I know what you mean about being in the price range ;) That's one of the reasons I am building mine. I could get more for less...like half.

But, them Yoder Toders are SWEET!!! Mk

Oh, wait, I have to do the the manditory newbie picture pestering...Remember, we love da pics...

Mk

oh, PS. I love goobers, I always get them at the movies...Anywho, If you can not find the answers here to.... life, the universe and everything,...or whatever, we here can answer them or try.

(It's 42 BTW)
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Tear Fan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 am

Dixie Flyer -

Congrats on your new teardrop. If'n you wanna get your feet wet, so to speak, we are having a little get together at Cloudland Canyon on St. Patricks Day weekend. Since you are in west Georgia, that ain't too far. Let us know. The thread is under "Southeast" here on the forum.

Oh, and don't forget da' pics! :lol:

Marvin and Jennifer
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:11 am

Welcome ---- doesn't matter if you built it or bought it, it's still way kewl to go camping with this awesome teardrop group !!!!

Of all the 'store bought' ones, I like the Yoder the best....

Most of all ENJOY IT !!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dixie Flyer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:49 pm

:D Thanks y'all once again for the welcome. Well, as I said earlier we were headed to Gatlinburg and we just got back from The Smokies.

Had great weather. Went to Cades Cove on Friday and did a little old mountian road driving in the Jeep on Saturday. Looked at a few campsites: Cades Cove, Cosby, Elkmont (all NPS sites) and we looked at a few public (city slicker) sites. (I didn't care much for them, too much asphalt.....)

By far, Elkmont looked to be the best. Why? Because there's a big a$$ creek running through it. Really pretty. Cades Cove was nice as was Cosby. You know, I've been to Cades Cove probably a 100 times and still I find new stuff. I found that my outlook is different now that the TD is part of the agenda.

Anyway, all the sites were closed. Most will open the second week of March I believe. (Cades Cove was open...)

Cloudland Canyon gathering St. Patty's Day? Shoot, Marianne & I (David) might can make it. I can't promise, but we may try to make that. I haven'
t been to Cloudland Canyon in a while. Pretty place.

I know how y'all are about pics, so I'll try to post some from this past weekend when I get them off the camera. Take care and we'll see y'all in the funny papers.
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves