More from Colorado

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

More from Colorado

Postby SSchumacherCO » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:37 am

Hi all. I first saw a teardrop in Yellowstone a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe that people could actually sleep in one.

I currently have a huge 4000 lb. tent trailer. It is nice but it takes so long to setup and take down. Plus it is so big that I have to use my pickup to pull it. I miss the days of simple tent camping out of the jeep but my wife will have none of it. I think that global warming has caused the earth to become harder and lumpier. I'm sure that aging bones have nothing to do with it.

The idea of a compact camper that can be pulled by a small car really apeals to me. And it seems like a fun wood working project. Plus I always figured that I could design a better camper than the comercially available ones. Hope I'm right.

It looks like there are some other folks from Colorado here. It might be fun to get together to compare notes and swap stories.
SSchumacherCO
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gerdo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Welcome. Try to look at as many as you can. There will probably be a campout or two this summer that you can visit. There should also be some TDs up by you. It's great, drive up, open the hatch, cook, hop in and sleep.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

newbie in colorado

Postby benzu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm

Welcome,

I'm also new to the tt building, my wife and I are starting ours sometime in the next month or so. Ours is going to be a 5'h x 10'l x 5'w. We need to fit two adults, one 6' and the other 6'3'' and two small kids. If you need any help just email me.

Also, my wife and I met a women last weekend at Golden Gate state park she's (Pam) the Colorado chapter organizer women, what ever you call it. She's having a party for all of the locals April 7th. Send me an email and I will forward the direction to the party. There are going to be many people there with their TTs to show off and answer questions.

Mike

[email protected]
benzu
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm

:lol:
I think that global warming has caused the earth to become harder and lumpier. I'm sure that aging bones have nothing to do with it.

SS with an attitude like that you will fit right in. I am sure you are 100% correct. Have fun in the sandbox. Remember that we tease. Oh yeah and feed the need. :pictures: :D
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby George T. » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Greetings from Florence, Colorado to our fellow Coloradans!

So you met Pam up in the mountains, eh Mike? Good person with an awesome teardrop spirit! Have fun with your build and don't be afraid to "do it your way". After all, YOU are the ones that will be enjoying it. As far as getting it "right or wrong", take notes for the second one. Sure as shootin', part way through your build you will say: “I should have..." or " That’s neat, I'd like that in a trailer." As Gerdo said, don't build too heavy. Keep it simple. There's room to modify as you find your likes & dis-likes.

And just for information, I am hosting The 2nd International Teardrop Gathering in Minden, Nebraska June 14th - 17th. Check out details at http://itg.teardrops.net/ [Utterly shameless plug!] There will be of bunch of us Coloradans there!

If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me via private message.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves