Genesis

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Genesis

Postby Steve Wishek » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:34 pm

Hello to all-

My name is Steve Wishek, and I am writing to introduce our company, American Sport Trailer, and our first product, Genesis. You can see us at www.americansporttrailer.com.

You will see that we are very different, with elements of a teardrop, plus a shower, toilet, closet and 6'4" of headroom. In addition, we utilize fiberglass for our bodywork.

Tell us what you think!

We look forward to your comments and participating in this forum.

Best regards

Steve Wishek
Steve Wishek
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:42 pm

ImageSteve.
You have a nice camper there. We have some fiberglass folks around so feel free to jump right in.

We do, of course expect camping pictures of you. 8) Gotta keep the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Ken A Hood » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:44 pm

Just looking at the specs and the tounge weight is 470 lbs?
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby angib » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Steve, I posted a link to your web site at the time you posted on the Fiberglass RV site and you might want to see that thread. I also emailed you at that time, but got no reply.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Steve Wishek » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Hello Andrew-

I apologize for failing to respond to your e-mail. We did not receive it, and I am at a loss as to why. I have asked our domain host to look into how that could happen.

Thank you for making us aware of the thread you started. It is hard to read, but it is what it is. I will make a post there, not to defend the product, but to correct the record on a few points.

Take care,

Steve
Steve Wishek
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Steve Wishek » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Ken A Hood wrote:Just looking at the specs and the tounge weight is 470 lbs?

The specs as published show a 470 lb. tongue weight. In production, we are seeing a weight of about 400 lbs., which is about 14% of the dry weight. This is in the normal range of 12 to 15%, but on the heavy side, as the 35 gallon fresh tank and the galley when loaded add significant weight behind the axle, shifting the load off the tongue.

Steve
Steve Wishek
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves