newbie in Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

newbie in Texas

Postby Raynz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:20 am

well folks I hope this turns out to be a good thing.I have read through some of the treads and it looks like we have good group here...I have been a member of other groups and they turn out to be a joke,anyway I guess I need to introduce myself...My name is Scott,I live in Breckenridge,Tx. I'm 39 yrs old,I work in a machine shop,making oilfield parts. I am in the process of building two tears,one to pull behind my trike and one to fullsize to pull behind the blazer...so far all I have is the materials,I am just waiting for the time away from work to get started...please let me know if any of you are close to me...
Raynz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:27 am

Well Scott hope you enjoy the playground. I see you are jumping in the addiction full force. Took me several months to admit I was making more than one. :lol: ;) We do a lot of joking around here but take building and safety very seriously.

;) Look forward to what you come up with. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: newbie in Texas

Postby Outlaw » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:41 am

Raynz wrote:well folks I hope this turns out to be a good thing.I have read through some of the treads and it looks like we have good group here...I have been a member of other groups and they turn out to be a joke,anyway I guess I need to introduce myself...My name is Scott,I live in Breckenridge,Tx. I'm 39 yrs old,I work in a machine shop,making oilfield parts. I am in the process of building two tears,one to pull behind my trike and one to fullsize to pull behind the blazer...so far all I have is the materials,I am just waiting for the time away from work to get started...please let me know if any of you are close to me...

Welcome Scott! I also participate in several online forums of other interests to me. This board by far has the best people, and the most heartfelf advice you'll ever receive. You're gonna love it here!
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby DaveandDebbie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:58 am

Welcome aboard Scott there is a lot of members in Texas not sure who is close to you. But you came to the right place all the info you need and maybe more just ask a question someone will have an answer. OOH Aunti M. I cant believe you let me beat you the PIC,s . We love the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :snappy: :wakka wakka:

Dave
DaveandDebbie
Teardrop Advisor

Postby caseydog » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:55 am

I'm in the Dallas area. I didn't build my current TD, so I won't be much help. But, welcome.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:29 am

Welcome, we love to answer any questions that you might have. The only thing we ask is to post pictures. Some people here just can't get enough of em. :lol:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:44 am

Welcome Scott! I also participate in several online forums of other interests to me. This board by far has the best people, and the most heartfelf advice you'll ever receive. You're gonna love it here!

Yep... Scott, I agree with Eric wholeheartedly... I have some other forums I noodle around too. But, this group is like family... fine bunch of folks. A word of warning though... this teardrop thing is addictive! ;)
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:37 am

Welcome Scott !!! Good to see another one in our South Central area !
This is the best place to get information and encouragement and free advice!!! Look it all over good, but most of all -- come see us !!!

I see that your between Ft Worth and Abilene??? Come over and see us at Beavers Bend, in far SE Oklahoma in a couple of weeks. Or there are some folks going to get together at Cedar Hill near Dallas around late April. There's nothing like seeing one in person and getting the real feel !!!

WELCOME and ENJOY !!!

Julie ;)
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Raynz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:50 pm

thanks for the warm welcome from everybody,looks like I'll be hanging out a little more ...I'll get some pics up as soon as I get started.untill then be talikin to ya soon...

Scott
Raynz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:01 am

Miriam C. Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Scott hope you enjoy the playground. I see you are jumping in the addiction full force. Took me several months to admit I was making more than one. We do a lot of joking around here but take building and safety very seriously.

Look forward to what you come up with.

Welcome Scott !!!
You have found the greatest people and information site ever for Tears and TTT. Look forward to meeting you at a campin in the South Central Area.

:thumbsup:

P.S. Miriam Ilike that "Welcome sign" can I get one for my trailer? He He He
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves