Hi from the top end - Australia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from the top end - Australia

Postby annie » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:13 am

Hi All
Just joined as I am planning to build a littlie myself sometime in near future. What a great site!
At present in Darwin NT Australia, my only home of my own is my 1999 Hi Ace campervan, but she is getting old and new campers are an arm and a leg over here!
Only trouble is I love having it all on the one wheel base, apart from all else it means I am a member of campervan/motorhome club & we are such a social mob!
Also, can tow trailer with my scooter on back! :D
Also, never get some place only to discover I have left something I needed behind.....galloping early onset old timers?!! :shock:
Anyway, I am sure I will get loads of good ideas from you guys and gals!
Found my way here by accident - there was a mob called minibago who fitted out the back of tray tops here in Aussie land, but cannot find them now!

Cheers

Annie and her boyz
Carlin, Black Labrador, Clancy, Whippet and me - Annie, human sometimes!
Together we are pawsaroundoz.

growing old is mandatory - growing up remains entirely optional.
annie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ira » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:11 am

Paul--want to translate this for us Merkins?

Just kidding, Annie. WELCOME!

(Paul C is from Australia, and Merkins is our slang for Americans. Europeans are Yurps.)

You got one heck of a way of saying things, so it's going to be FUN having you around! Confusing for me, but still fun.

Are you leaning toward a specific trailer style? Or did you already say it above and I just didn't understand it?

HAH!!!

Seriously, got a few folks down under here, so you should fit right in.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Re: Hi from the top end - Australia

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:20 am

annie wrote:Hi All
Just joined as I am planning to build a littlie myself sometime in near future. What a great site!
At present in Darwin NT Australia, my only home of my own is my 1999 Hi Ace campervan, but she is getting old and new campers are an arm and a leg over here!
Only trouble is I love having it all on the one wheel base, apart from all else it means I am a member of campervan/motorhome club & we are such a social mob!
Also, never get some place only to discover I have left something I needed behind.....galloping early onset old timers?!! :shock:
Found my way here by accident - there was a mob called minibago who fitted out the back of tray tops here in Aussie land, but cannot find them now!

Cheers

Annie and her boyz

Welcome Annie, Reading between the Aussie lines it sounds like you want to build a small trailer of some type. Please clarify what "galloping early onset old timers?!! " & "tray tops "means to American ears. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Arne » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:27 am

Annie, welcome to the group.

Just watched Dish last night, Parkes, AU...

As you build, post pictures, we love'em

www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:03 am

Welcome to the playground Annie. It isn't that the boys don't know what Galloping Early Early Onset Old Timers is: it's that they forget. 8)

Lots of building information and plenty more to be created. We do ask that you feed the need and :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

Keeps the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby BillyLandry » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi Anne--Welcome!!!! :)
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi Annie, Great to see another Aussie coming on board. I'm down the road from you and have almost completed my second build.
Have fun and send plenty of pics once you start.

Having Senior Moments is all part and parcel of building a TD 8)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

thanks for welcome's

Postby annie » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:59 am

Hi All
Danny (and others who need 'strine' translated!)
tray tops are ute's with flat tray (deck?) usually 8ft x 6ft....
galloping old timers is an annie'ism and translates as fast approaching senility/ alzheimers!

Shape - hmmm, I am a libran - hence not yet decided,can see a few shapes I like, also may decide to go square if I can work a plan to sit on a tray top....

Loved the pic of 'The Dish' (one of my favourite films) I took a few in 2005 when I did a little 9 week drive from Darwin-outback Queensland-down through middle of NSW taking in Parkes on way-to reach a place called Jugiong near Canberra for a National Retrieving Championships. Did that in my campervan.

Will slowly work my way through all the information here so as to make sensible decision re what to build.

Catch you all!

Carlin, Black Labrador, Clancy, Whippet and me - Annie, human sometimes!
Together we are pawsaroundoz.

growing old is mandatory - growing up remains entirely optional.
annie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:27 am

Annie, if you go to the very top, left corner, enter the 'hall of fame'... There are lots of pics to get ideas from, many links, and Andrew's design link, as well. I found it quite helpful to get ideas for my second tear.

Have fun...

www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: Hi from the top end - Australia

Postby Joanne » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:36 am

Hi Annie,

A few of us lady teardroppers are chatting on this thread http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=14863&start=0 You should join us over there and meet some of the other ladies on the list.

Welcome to the list,
Joanne

annie wrote:Hi All

Cheers

Annie and her boyz
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves