Another newbie from Ohio

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another newbie from Ohio

Postby fiction366 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:33 pm

Hello! I am so grateful that this site exists. I'm looking to buy my first TD and am EXTREMELY excited - but also a bit overwhelmed. Big $ for me - I'm a tad nervous... Sooo, I am relieved to know there's a place to find all of my answers. :D

I was wondering if someone could direct me to an existing topic about camping in a TD with dogs. I'm also curious about dealing with the heat in a TD. I've looked around and haven't seen anything specific to my questions, but I'm new to this whole message board thing and I don't want to blunder. Maybe I need to ask my questions in the general topics section... :roll:

Anyway, THANKS for being here!
Katherine
fiction366
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BillyLandry » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Look in sdtripper2's Index, you can click on it at the top of the forum page at the bottom left near the hall of fame picture. The subject may be in there. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!!!!! :)
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:46 pm

ImageKatherine.

We have a list above called Sdtripper2's Index that has a complete list of URL's to go to just about any subject.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=12276
Hope it helps with some of your questions. If not ask away we love a good question almost as much as a Picture. 8) :pictures: Keeps the Madjack ina good mood. ;)

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Another newbie from Ohio

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:49 pm

fiction366 wrote:Hello! I am so grateful that this site exists. I'm looking to buy my first TD and am EXTREMELY excited - but also a bit overwhelmed. Big $ for me - I'm a tad nervous... Sooo, I am relieved to know there's a place to find all of my answers. :D

Anyway, THANKS for being here!
Katherine

Katherine, You still have time to sign up for the Turkey Run Gathering. If you get your tear in time, by all means, bring it to the gathering. See our thread under Gatherings- "Midwest."
http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 858#197858
:thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

I'll be reading all week! whoo-hoo!

Postby fiction366 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:21 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick replies and warm welcome! I'm going to have trouble getting all my papers graded this week 'cause I'd much rather sit here and soak up all the great info.! Thanks SO much - FINALLY straight answers from people who aren't trying to sell me something 8)
fiction366
Teardrop Inspector

Re: I'll be reading all week! whoo-hoo!

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:47 pm

fiction366 wrote:Wow, thanks for the quick replies and warm welcome! I'm going to have trouble getting all my papers graded this week 'cause I'd much rather sit here and soak up all the great info.! Thanks SO much - FINALLY straight answers from people who aren't trying to sell me something 8)

Hi Katherine

:woohoo: Welcome!

I noticed by your an English teacher and assume you love fiction because of your screen name. Am I correct in seeing that phone booth as a Dr. Who image? It's been years since I've seen Dr. Who and I know there's a new show but I haven't had the time to follow up or watch it.

Anyway, just curious.

Welcome again and follow the links. Read a lot of the General discussion threads you'll find a lot of helpful information that will help you choose which kind of a TD you want to purchase. You might even get excited about the idea of building one. :shock:

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:39 pm

Welcome!

You have to actually see them to get a handle on how everything works. If you go to a gathering, you can get all kinds of ideas on what you want and how you can do it before you commit.

Oh yeah, unlike a Tardis, they are still small inside.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:49 pm

asianflava wrote:Oh yeah, unlike a Tardis, they are still small inside.

But you can still manage to get a lkot of stuff in there with the right cabinets!!! :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:59 am

fiction wrote:<snip>I was wondering if someone could direct me to an existing topic about camping in a TD with dogs. I'm also curious about dealing with the heat in a TD. I've looked around and haven't seen anything specific to my questions, but I'm new to this whole message board thing and I don't want to blunder. Maybe I need to ask my questions in the general topics section... <snip>

Fiction:Image
Getting your bearings is easy here on the T& TTT~
Yes this area is usually for hello's and first time welcomes... but allowances
are made for excitement and new persons getting their first questions in.

We do answer questions and usually with alacrity.

If you have any questions on the workings of the forum or how to post
please ask as well. Someone will point you to answers.
Look to the Stickies and the top header for lots of information to start.

Dogs & TD's:
We Like Pictures ... so I will start by stating your two questions and point
out that pictures of your dogs are always welcome... lets us know what
beasts you want to sleep with in your tear. Also it will bring out all the dog
lovers that sleep with their special spirits and you will get your answers
about dogs and TD's faster and meet new people.

By the way Dogs do go with TD's ... as you will see. Great Dane's may be a pain but Iggy's are no biggy's ~ 8)

Dealing with heat ? As in fans or A/C ?

Where do we go with this question ? The stars in the sky have had more
expressions on how to keep cool in a Teardrop. Be more spacific and
usually in the "Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques" area will have
answers ... if you choose to search. Try using advanced search in Google.
That is go here and use the examples shown or add the Advance search for a toolbar in Firefox. click here

BillyLandry in a post above pointed you to my name sake's "sdtripper2 index uP on the header of the forum.

The key to your answers is to be specific .... Pictures speak loud here.

Dealing with heat ... is usually a Fan = Fantastic Fan OR
A/C and well from Petcool to roof A/C units it has all been discussed.
Marine solutions are expensive and many 89 buck units from a big box store may be your choice.

Key words to remember:
Picture this & be specific with your questions in the right forum area.

Good Luck and again welcome ~ Fiction ... let your inquizitive mind go ... and the answers will flow. :thumbsup:
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Endo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:30 pm

Welcome Katherine

Have you had a chance to see a teardrop up close?? If not you are more than welcome to come see ours. We live only 10 miles from Marysville.
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby angib » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:40 pm

asianflava wrote:Oh yeah, unlike a Tardis, they are still small inside.

Damn, I've been beaten to the smart comment - something along the lines of giving the dogs their own indoor run and pool room, by making use of the fourth dimension.

Come to think of it, the time travelling bit would be good too - each weekend could last a year and that sorta thing. Of course that ghastly screeching noise from the the Tardis when time travelling may scare the dogs....

Welcome.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Hello Katherine and welcome.

I live just outside Clevealnd and I'm almost done with my teardrop.

Good luck with your purchase!!!!!!! Hope you find what you want.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Holy Hellos!

Postby fiction366 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:16 pm

Wow, oh, wow! Hi back to everyone!!!

Yes, Lynn, that is the Tardis (boy I wish those were for sale). I highly recommend the new series (but start with the first season). Season 1 is for sale in America and season 2 might be as well (or at least it will be soon). The Sci-fi channel also occasionally airs both seasons (much cheaper than buying).

I will definately attempt to be more specific with my questions and I've already tried to post pics of the pooches (can't seem to get them small enough... must research this and figure it out). So, pics will be coming soon.

I will also run around this site a bit longer before asking my questions. I really just want to go out and BUY something, but my brain and wallet tell me to go slooow and take my time. I definately need to actually go out and look, touch and experience before buying. Thanks for the invites! I'm definately up for visiting - that should take some of the sweat out of the decision. Right now I'm frustrated that I can't build my own... I wasn't interested until I started poking around the site. Now I wish I could build one in my living room :( - stupid rentals.[/list]
fiction366
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves