Hello From Wisconsin!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello From Wisconsin!

Postby MrBuzz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:55 am

Hi;
My name is Buzz. I'm just starting my TD project. My family did a lot of trailer camping when I was a kid...loved it. Last year there was an article in a local newspaper about Big Woodie campers and that got my thinking, researching, etc...next thing you know I have a new trailer in the garage and am getting ready to start building.
My Tear will be a version of the generic Benroy plans. I wanted to stay with standard 4X8 measurements for convenience sake, but I'm going to build it 5X8 so I can use either a standard or queen size mattress. My hauler is a 2005 PT Cruiser so size and weight are an issue. But from what I have seen many others use this combo and it seems to work well.
So far I have enjoyed this site very much and already have recieved lots of good ideas and information from this forum.
Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience...what a great community resouce!
I'll post some pic's as I get things a little more underway.
MrBuzz
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby elmo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:59 am

Hello from over here in Green Bay!

Welcome! :beer:
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:42 am

ImageBuzz.
So you are on your way to building and you don't need me to nag about pictures and you know about the benroy plans. Image

Image[img]http://
Last edited by Miriam C. on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Sierrajack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:13 am

Hello Buzz from Chipmunk Falls (Lake Hallie). This is a great spot to get your questions answered, the info is always the best. I have started my first build and found tons of info by asking questions and doing some research. Not saying I know everything but, I can tell you the short cuts and ways to avoid headaches. Actually beating your head against the wall burns 150 calories an hour. You can PM me and I'd be more than happy to help you out.
WELCOME and ENJOY
:thumbsup:
Sierrajack
The 300 Club

Postby BillyLandry » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Buzz
Welcome to the Forum. A friend of mine built my trailer that I am building a 5 by 8. That friends name is Buzz. Enjoy forum and happy camping.
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Thanks for the replies, tips, moral support!

Postby MrBuzz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Thanks to all for the Howdy's and encouragement. My project is more or less on track. I'm thankful for this forum...I met my new best friend SierraJack, he lives about 10 miles from my house!
After spending an afternoon with him and checking out his project I have a lot better idea of how I'm going to handle a lot of the details of this project.
Last weekend I spent Saturday afternoon bolting my new HF trailer together. After talking to SierraJack I spent today taking it apart and getting the axle set up properly for the TD. I flipped the axle on top of the springs and moved the axle back about 7 inches. Now the trailer looks right for a TD.
I'll post a pic of the trailer as it sits after the reconfiguration.
MrBuzz
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves