Newbie from (just West of) Phoenix, AZ

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby angib » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Cliff, yeah, that's the sort of thing - though I was thinking of something that sat on the body, rather than alongside it. Think of a 2x3 that somehow got curved around the body and was sitting in line with the sidewalls - then you don't have to get clever in attaching it to the frame, just rest it on the strongest bit of the body.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:03 pm

Andrew says"
Cliff, yeah, that's the sort of thing - though I was thinking of something that sat on the body, rather than alongside it. Think of a 2x3 that somehow got curved around the body and was sitting in line with the sidewalls - then you don't have to get clever in attaching it to the frame, just rest it on the strongest bit of the body.

Interesting. I'll have to do some more thinking. Using ply on the sides would be wicked easy and fast, but I'd be throwing away 2 full sheets of ply. Maybe I'll use chip board, and put a couple temporary spars top and bottom to hold it together. This will only be used once.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:32 pm

Welcome Cliff, bring it up to the Arizona Gathering and we can see what can be done to it. Or bring it to crusie night. I won't be there this weekend but the following weekend I should be. You can get info off the web site at www.azroundup.net I usually go to cruise night at 35th ave and greenway on fridays and 83rd ave and about a mile north of union hills ave. Joe his wife and my self have been there the last couple of weekends after taking a few months off of cruising.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 pm

emiller says:
Welcome Cliff, bring it up to the Arizona Gathering and we can see what can be done to it.

Toally cool! I didn't knowthere was such a thing! Wife says Okay, so we will be there!

Or bring it to crusie night. I won't be there this weekend but the following weekend I should be. You can get info off the web site at www.azroundup.net I usually go to cruise night at 35th ave and greenway on fridays and 83rd ave and about a mile north of union hills ave. Joe his wife and my self have been there the last couple of weekends after taking a few months off of cruising.

Cruise night! Wow! I learned 2 things about Arizona I never knew in one day! I'll plan on going to one next weekend! What night is the 83rd Ave cruise night?

Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:46 pm

Saturday but I know alot of us will be out of town next weekend.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:51 pm

emiller says:
Saturday but I know alot of us will be out of town next weekend.

Well, let me know when you will be there, and how to recognize you, and I will come up.

Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Tough decision

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:23 pm

Afer much internal deliberation :thinking: , I have decided that I must take care of the existing teardrop before I can start another. So, as soon as the weather mellows here (monsoon season), I will pull the skin off the existing one and see how hard it will be to resore it. Best case, I can replace or repair the existing delaminated plywood. Worst case, I trash the whole thing and re-use the trailer.

Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:35 pm

Frustrated!

I just spent 15 - 20 minutes writing a masterpiece of a post, and my computer glitched an it all disappeared! :fb

Anyway, I couldn't wait, so I peeled the skin off the left side of the teardrop. Nasty under there! Take a look!

This is what the screwholes all looked like when i removed the door!

I'm thinking I will buid in a traditional manner, with a frame and thin siding. The frame will be oak around the door, and a mixture of pine and poplar for the rest.

This one is the hinge, with some kind of rubberized cloth trying to protect it. It didn't work!

I'm going to strip it down and start over! I'll be posting over in the Non Traditional Designs section with the progress on this from now on! Wish me lots of luck!

Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves