Another Missouri Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Well it looks like the guys have all the advice covered... so all I can do is add my welcome. Welcome to the forum. Hang around awhile and have some fun!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby BillyLandry » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Welcome Chuc and enjoy the forum. :thumbsup:
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby cccamper » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:51 pm

hi chuc!
welcome! guess i re-registered a couple months ago rather than figuring out who i had been in years past. so i look new, too!

we bought our silver shadow by yoder toter just last sunday in columbus, MO from dana at missouri teardrops. great all the way around. he had a 2006 virtually new basic "pleasantville" the first built by yoder toter.

they h ad been building little guys (if i understood correctly) and it looks almost the same. it's what we planned on buying. $3000 and just about new basic model. pretty, subdued bit of blue and pale gray decal swooshing on side.
but you are probably committed to the one you bought. i maybe would be!

i've always noticed that teardrop people are just about as fanatical as airstreamers. i'm glad to be back and hope you have a good time here yourself!

cccamper
central missouri
Robert and Elizabeth - "e"
Guppy the Tiny Teardrop

"Naked people have little to no influence
on society." - - Mark Twain
cccamper
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mrchuc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Again, Folks,

Thanks for the continued hellos and welcomes from all over the place! :)
What a great bunch of folks! :thumbsup:

Glad there are some Teardrop and Tiny Travel Trailer owners here in MO. We are looking forward to meeting some of you.

cccamper, sounds like you got a good deal on your Yoder Toter. I will drop in on Missouri Teardrops next time I am out toward Kansas City or Warrensburg. But yeah, we are committed to the Little Guy. Ordered it for delivery near the end of August.

We are so glad to know there is such a knowledgeable community to help us learn to get the most out of our Teardrop.

Maybe I should start by taking pictures of the mess in our garage that I have to clean out before I bring home the trailer. :thinking: ---Naw, I better wait until I bring it home. Probably should have Denice take pics of me backing it into the garage. ;)

All the best and thanks again!

Chuc
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby SaGR » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:30 pm

mrchuc wrote:Probably should have Denice take pics of me backing it into the garage. ;)

HAHAHA! Same thing here. I can back up 40' reefers and boxes all day long. The little trailers... forget it! :lol:
Building a small bowtop Vardo
Build thread: http://tinyurl.com/yk4hnmd

Generic Benroy: Sold to FIL/MIL
SaGR
The 300 Club

Just Got It!

Postby mrchuc » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:23 pm

I picked up our brand new 4 foot wide Little Guy Teardrop yesterday. I was so excited, I slept in it last night in the driveway just to see how it felt. (Great, by the way) :thumbsup:

We ordered it pretty basic, except we had the Fantastic Fan package installed, which included the 12 volt wiring and battery. The fan works great! (Woke up freezing and had to turn it off in the middle of the night!) :snow

Here is a pic I took right after I picked it up:

Can't wait to take it on the road!

Chuc

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Chuc....what a great looking rig!!! You'll find that afternoon naps and driveway/garage camping on a weekend are a lot of fun, not like camping, but still fun...Start practicing your "tour" technique...cuz, you're gonna have to do it...Enjoy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi Chuc, good for you, took delivery on a teardrop and slept in it in your driveway, the first night. I sat here reading your post and laughing, remembering how when I was building my tear, I slept in it in my garage as soon as I had the walls up.

I see the you are in University City, just about 20 miles from the new cable-stay bridge at Acton. An impressing engineering marvel. Spent some time in that area when full-timing in my motorhome, PRIOR to getting into teardropping. 6 1/2 mpg with the MH, and 28 mpg with the teardrop and my 4 banger, Toyota.

I have an AC unit that I place in my tongue box when I arrive at a campsite, if it is needed. It rides in the back seat when on the road, eliminates added tongue weight while in tow. You might check out some of the AC installations here on the board, to see what would work for you.

Try to get to some of the local gatherings, you can get a bunch of ideas from the friendliest folks you'll ever meet. What city are you planning to visit when you come to California? I'm 1/2 way between LA and San Diego, swing on by if you're near, the coffee is always on. Enjoy your new toy, and welcome to a new way of life that you will be happy you have just entered.

Roly, So Calif woody guy :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby neal b » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:50 pm

hey the little guy looks great and did you celabrate your new purchase with some WHITE CASTLES the best burgers around :lol: enjoy the little guy :thumbsup:

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby mrchuc » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:09 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:I have an AC unit that I place in my tongue box when I arrive at a campsite, if it is needed. It rides in the back seat when on the road, eliminates added tongue weight while in tow. You might check out some of the AC installations here on the board, to see what would work for you.
Thanks to all the good folks on this forum, I have already started on the air conditioner upgrade. I ordered a Pet Cool and am waiting for delivery. I am not very handy :( which is why I purchased rather than built my tear. Nevertheless, I decided to install my own air rather than buy it from the factory. Little Guy will sell one for $495 (and that is $100 off!). I bought mine for $299. For 2 or 3 hundred in savings, I figure I can get it installed somehow. :) Particularly with this forum as a resource. :thumbsup:

All the best...

Chuc

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby mrchuc » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:19 pm

neal b wrote:hey the little guy looks great and did you celabrate your new purchase with some WHITE CASTLES the best burgers around :lol: enjoy the little guy :thumbsup:

neal b :D
Well, I did celebrate with a purchase at White Castle, but since I am now a vegetarian, I did not include any hamburgers. I do agree with you, though, WHITE CASTLES are great burgers! Steamed on a bubbling bed of onions and served just right. I highly recommend them to all my meat loving friends. :)

Chuc

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby mrchuc » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:What city are you planning to visit when you come to California? I'm 1/2 way between LA and San Diego, swing on by if you're near, the coffee is always on. Enjoy your new toy, and welcome to a new way of life that you will be happy you have just entered.

My wife's family lives in Fairfield, near San Francisco. I know that is a long way from you, but now that we have the Little Guy, I have a feeling our trips will get a little longer. :) In fact. last time we drove out we took the southern route so we could drive up the coast on Highway 1. What a wonderful drive!

I hope I can take you up on your invite. I would love to see your Woody Teardrop up close. It looks like a beautiful piece of work.

Chuc

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby cccamper » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:40 pm

oh that's a beautiful trailer, chuc! i want to sleep in ours but the front is on a slope and i can't handle the weird tilt.

i'd love to take ours out to SF country. my baby brother is at berkeley and goes camping and hiking all over around there. in april i flew out for my birthday and we went to yosemite, just the two of us (PRAISE GOD.. no "inlaw") and it was so beautiful. we both took tons of movies and when we got home we both edited and sent to each other. we've each got about an hour almost totally of water! ( we only got to go for the day but it was worth it)

how great to go someplace like that in a tear. you should have a terrific time. missouri just is *not* like the west. of course i'm not a native and grew up out there. :)

elizabeth
(that is so cute!)
Robert and Elizabeth - "e"
Guppy the Tiny Teardrop

"Naked people have little to no influence
on society." - - Mark Twain
cccamper
Platinum Donating Member

Postby SaGR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Looks great Chuc!

Congrats on your new "baby" ;)
Building a small bowtop Vardo
Build thread: http://tinyurl.com/yk4hnmd

Generic Benroy: Sold to FIL/MIL
SaGR
The 300 Club

Postby alwayslookingup » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Great looking Little Guy Chuc. I'm soooo torn between buying a Little Guy (only maybe the bigger model), or building something along the lines of the Lil Diner. There are aspects of each that I like, and if I go the DYI path, I can probably get the best of both worlds (or close enough to make me happy). On the other hand, not sure I have the time (or the skill level) to build something myself. If it isn't too much to ask, would you mind posting some more photos of yours; perhaps inside and outside from the back?

On an entirely seperate note; I'm a transplanted St. Louis native. All my immediate family is still there. Grew up in South County, but had several good friends that lived in University City once I got out of school, so I spent many a weekend in your area. I still miss going to the Tivoli.

Anyway, greetings and good luck with the new Little Guy.

Kevin
alwayslookingup
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves