Newbies from Illinois

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbies from Illinois

Postby BillnBrandi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello everyone, we are new to this forum and hopefully also new teardroppers as I contemplate building one.
BillnBrandi
Teardrop Inspector

Postby flygal6 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi Bill and Brandi.......Welcome to the addiction and the madness. If you are not already hooked, you will be soon! There are great people here with many good ideas and are very helpful....just ask. Include lots of pictures as we all love pics. 8) About 15 of us folks from IL are having a camping trip first weekend of Oct about 1.5hr west of Chicago. Please come meet us all, get some ideas for your build and join the fun. See the part of the forum under midwest rallys for more info. I can't believe it....did I finally beat Miriam with a first to be the greeter :lol: Welcome again.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi Billnbrandi, welcome to the best trailer forum on the net. Loves Park, hmmm, lets see, N 2nd Street and River Lane. Oh yes, I used to live and work there. Harlem High School, class of................uhg 1950! Born and raised on Illinois Street.

There is another LP resident who is a member on this message board, goes by the name of Claw. I'm sure if and when he reads your post, he will get in contact with you. I would like to know more about you folks, perhaps we have some mutual friends back in the old home town.

Good for you, planning on building a teardrop trailer. All of us builders have been there before, and all you have to do is decide what size it will be, what profile you will use, trailer and suspension stuff and exterior covering. See, nothing to it. Do check the many progress photos here on the forum and ask any questions you want, as this is the place to obtain material and method information. Good luck on your build, and try to visit the get-together 1 1/2 hours West of Chicago that Carol is tell us about. That should be a bit West of Loves Park, if I recall.

Roly, just a transplanted mid-westerner, now enjoying So Calif. :relaxing:

PS, Carol, where is the event taking place, I have some Ill. friends who might attend.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby flygal6 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:18 pm

Billnbrandi......the campout is at Shabbona State park probably 45min-1hr south of you on Hwy 30
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby Mike C. » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:22 am

Welcome Billnbrandi,

Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forum and have fun. :applause: :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby SaGR » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:58 am

flygal6 wrote:About 15 of us folks from IL are having a camping trip first weekend of Oct about 1.5hr west of Chicago. Please come meet us all, get some ideas for your build and join the fun.

That post is here: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=17282.

Welcome to the forums! Come on out in October.
Building a small bowtop Vardo
Build thread: http://tinyurl.com/yk4hnmd

Generic Benroy: Sold to FIL/MIL
SaGR
The 300 Club

Postby Claw » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Greetings BillnBrandi,
Welcome to the forum. I too live in Loves Park and really enjoy my Tear Drop. There are a lot of great builders here and most questions will get answered as you consider your build. Spend the time looking at the different albums and get a taste of what others have done. If you are interested in seeing a cobbled together one PM me. Route 66 lives up in Rockton and has a very nice manufactured SoCal tear drop. The standard to beat, in my opinion, is the Camp Inn TD and there will be a gathering up by Tomha, WI the end of September and Like Rick said there will be one closer the first week in October down at Shabbona SP south of Dekalb. With or without a TD you are surely welcome to visit these gatherings. Check out the midwest section of the forum.

How did you get interested?
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves