Hello from Jeepr!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Jeepr!

Postby jeepr » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi! I have been lurking here for a long time getting ideas for my teardrop build. I have welded together my trailer out of 2" square tube and 4" tube for the tongue. It is approximately 9' x 56" (I chose that width because that's what my axle was) :lol:

Anyway, I am getting ready to purchase some wood and dive headlong into a classic teardrop build, loosely modeled on the generic Benroy plans up top there..

I am up in Michigan, so mine will be insulated. I have learned so much from just reading here, I wanted to say Hi and thanks. I'm sure I will be asking some stupid questions in the near future, so bear with me.

I have rebuilt a couple of travel trailers, so I am not completely a newb when it comes to camper building (or re-building in my case). I am really looking forward to the build and will post up some progress photos once I get rolling.

Thanks, Mike
Mike C.
jeepr
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:23 pm

8) ;) GitRdun!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

building a tear

Postby Eunice » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Remember we like pictures
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Mike C. » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:58 am

Welcome back jeepr( Mike ),

Glad you decided to rejoin the madness. Hope you enjoy making sawdust and be sure and post lots of pictures, to keep a certain persons bubble oil level. :lol:

See you around. :)

BTW, great name. :D
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby elmo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:07 am

Welcome and what part of Michigan are you from? I get to the U.P. a lot for some dirt bike stuff. Need to get to Drummond Island one of theses days soon.
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Re: Hello from Jeepr!

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:28 pm

"I'm sure I will be asking some stupid questions in the near future, so bear with me". (quote from Mike)

Ok Mike, we're here to help, so go ahead and ask any questions and we'll try to answer them so your build can go ahead smoothly. Now remember, there are no stupid questions.

A case in point, just assume that any one of us (except a doctor),here on the board, were to try to amputate someone's leg. The questions asked would probably be something like this:

"Where should I make the cut, how deep, and what saw would I use to sever the bone? Also, how do I tie off the blood veins, what about the tendons and cut muscles, then how many stitches would be required to close the wound". See......no stupid questions, just a search for correct answers to puzzling questions, in order to get the job done.

I suppose it isn't a very good analogy, but I hope you get the concept about not hesitating to ask any questions you want.

Now, where can I find someone to practice on, if they need their leg cut off? :O

Roly, the So Calif guy, remembering all of the neat lighthouses you have on Lake Superior along the shores of the UP........Oh yes, Welcome aboard, enjoy your build and remember......post pics!
Last edited by Roly Nelson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: Hello from Jeepr!

Postby Ira » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:"I'm sure I will be asking some stupid questions in the near future, so bear with me". (quote from Mike)

There are no stupid questions:

Only inquisitive idiots.

HAH!!!!!
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby jeepr » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:20 pm

elmo wrote:Welcome and what part of Michigan are you from? I get to the U.P. a lot for some dirt bike stuff. Need to get to Drummond Island one of theses days soon.

Near Detroit. My parents live in Cheboygan though, so I spend a lot of time near the U.P.

Ira wrote:Only inquisitive idiots.

Darn, you found me out already! :lol:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am also chock-full of useless information , so maybe I will be a good contribution to the board here.. :D
Mike C.
jeepr
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves