Newb from the north and a race freak to boot

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newb from the north and a race freak to boot

Postby moto403 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:21 am

Ola' everyone-

Well i got hooked on the idea of a TD a few month's ago. I spend a fair amount of time racing R/C trucks. but on a limited budget. That is hard to do when so many of my fellow racers have 8x16/8x20 cargo trailers outfitted to do so. Then one day i drove past the local RV dealer and seen the Little Guy and thought " hey that would be perfect!" then i was hit with sticker shock to the tune of 6 Grand. Well so much for that idea. Then i came across mike& chell's site for the WEEKENDER. This is the perfect TD for the Family and i. It will be made this winter at my mom and dad's when they go off to palm springs. but as of today the race trailer has been started. it is just a simple 4x8 with a 12" 45 degeree on the front (pics to follow as soon as i take some}. It will be finished off with carpet inside due to all the dirt, but it will haul all my gear and i can sleep in it at night.

I got it framed today and it should be ready for exterior finishing this weekend. Could i use a fiberglass on the seams and paint the rest? thought of even using a Herculiner or Durabak truck bedliner. any opinion is greatly appreciated. Looks are not an issue it will be coated in dirt at every race, i need it durable and functional

Thank you and sorry for the rambling.
moto403
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:31 am

Welcome aboard MOTO...we will be happy to answer your questions...some of them correctly even ;) ...but we do charge a price and that price is pictures...pics of you/wife/dog/yard/shop/RCRacers, ya get the picture...I hope so 'cause we just luv 'em(pics that is).....

...anyway, fiberglass tape on the seams and paint is acceptable and so is bed liner(with FG taped seams and edges)...so have fun and we look forward to pics of your progress and your RC racers........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:06 am

Image to the playground MOTO. Sounds like you have a great plan going. Ya just need a camera. 8)

Enjoy the site and feel free to jump in with questions or answers. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:49 am

Welcome Moto,

Hope you enjoy the forum. Good luck on the build. Hope you ask lots of questions and post lots of pictures. :thumbsup:

See you around.
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Ira » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 am

Hey, Moto.

Elmer (Elmo) used Durabak, so PM him with any questions.

I think he had one issue with water getting UNDER it and he had to do a fix, but I'm not sure. I'm old and often forget or distort the facts.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Welcome Moto403. :thumbsup:

Funny your trailer looks like mine except the size is a little larger. :thinking:

The trailer size I have started is 5'-9" x 10'-0" x 4'-0" - 6'-6" tall insulated. It also is removable from the HF 1850# frame. With storage like you have on the trailer you have built for you R/C cars. :thumbsup:

Yep I'm also planning a traditional TearDrop shaped trailer to build later.

:D

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves