Hello from South Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from South Texas

Postby vern38 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:05 am

Hello all, been poking around the forum for a couple of weeks and finally joined. Not new to camping or RV,s, etc. but have always had an interest in Teardrops. Just recently sold my travel trailer and decided to build a teardrop. Purchased a 20 foot airstream style trailer frame and chopped it down yesterday to 13 feet 8 inches. Also installed the 5’x8’ 2 inch angle box; all it needs is some cleaning up and to paint it and it will be ready to start the rest of the build. I’m sure I will have questions like where the heck do I get the aluminum for the roof?

Before Mod

After Mod

Vern 8)
Vern
vern38
Teardrop Inspector

Postby martha24 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:27 am

Welcome Vern

Looks like you are off & running on your build. :thumbsup:
I'm no expert, but what amazing before & after pictures with your cut down trailer frame. :applause: :applause:

The best ones to answer where to get aluminum in Texas, is from other fellow Texans. If you go to User Polls about 1/2 down the page you'll see a heading of Texans Only Please, that will give you an idea of how many Texans there are on the forum.

Feel free to ask lots of questions, as there are a lot of great people who will answer them. Good luck on your build.
Martha ;)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:39 am

Vern !!! Welcome to the roost !!!

You'll find lots of teardrop company and good camping folks here in the south central group and definitely in south Texas. Where abouts are ya? We've got good teardrop builders all over there in your neck o' the woods and will help ya find supplies.

Come camping with us in October at the LCG .... no matter what. Hurry and reserve a spot soon !!!

Good luck !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:53 am

To the playground Vern. Good job on the trailer. Nice and sturdy! Have you picked out a profile? I think we have S. Texas pretty well covered. You shouldn't have trouble getting answers.

If you ask about Alum. roof in the Constructions Tips and... you will for sure get good answers.

Enjoy and Thanks for the pictures---keeps the bubble oil level.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:54 am

Welcome to our obession. Give us a shout we'll help like martha24 said

Woody
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Welcome aboard...I'm really surprised at how many people there are from Texas nowadays on the forum...You South Central gang are really going to have some large gatherings! Have fun with your build. Doug :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby vern38 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:32 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'm from the Del Rio, Texas area. remember XERF and Wolfman Jack. My house is just a couple of miles from that radio station where Wolfman started at. Anyway looking foward to doing this build and more so getting out to do some camping. Haven't been in quite sometime and am ready...

Vern 8)
Vern
vern38
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:32 pm

doug hodder wrote:Welcome aboard...I'm really surprised at how many people there are from Texas nowadays on the forum...:thumbsup:

Yeah...what's with all the people from a small state like Texas??? Yippee ki yi yay (or so it goes) !!!!

Welcome!!!

:P :P
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby vern38 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Small :D Watch out for those cross state trips...

Vern 8)
Vern
vern38
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:14 pm

Welcome Vern. I'm close to San Antonio, and if I can help you finding materials, just give me a shout. And, don't forget to check out the South Central forum where you will find threads about upcoming teardrop gatherings in Louisiana, and also just up the road from us at Inks Lake State Park. Nice job on the frame cut-down. :thumbsup:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Welcome Vern,

Good to know we have another addict. Trailer looks really good. :thumbsup:

Hope you have fun and post lots more pictures of your reconstruction.

See you around. :)
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Gringo Loco » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Hey Vern, I am in Sth TX also. I am in Laredo if you ever make it down this way. Good luck with your build.
Chris
Gringo Loco
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves