newbies from liberty south carolina--

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

newbies from liberty south carolina--

Postby james keenan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:57 pm

We are from Liberty South Carolina.-- James and Sandra Keenan on old Campground Rd. ( seriously ) and collect older campers, such as a '48 Sears allstate single wheel chassis and wheel, and a '48 Montgomery ward single wheel bare chassis and wheel, a 1951 Kozy Coach 20 footer, and a just aquired '51 Elcar 20 footer, and out current weekender 1966 Shasta compact. We spent the weekend in maggie valley, fletcher and ashville areas of North Carolina..camping and flea marketing..we are planning on coming to the LA weekend in October..probably in the Shasta.
really enjoy this site as I also build just about anything when it comes to campers and wood working..Anyone got a spare louvered front window for a Shasta..with the glass slats - and I can rescreen it if needed.
respond to me at [email protected] --- Yes we also collect older station wagons-- and try to attend the stationwagon meets.
The '48 sears allstate mentioned above I aquired for free in 1960, ouside a junkyard in Chicago Hts. Illinois..It had "then" a camper body and tent arrangement, that folded outward from the middle..
Any one got a clue, or know of another, as I will eventually rebuild it from memory--or whats left of it. see ya'all later J and S
james keenan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Welcome James and Sandra,

Glad you joined. :thumbsup:

I would be interested in seeing pictures of your trailers, post them when you can.

This forum is about alot of things, but much of it is conversation with friendly people and having fun. So jump in and participate. :D
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Welcome, J & S, this is the board with the answers. I think it would be a great idea to take some pics of the old treasures you have aquired and post em on the board. Just love those old camping units, and even a couple of single wheelers. Great, I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like.

Roly........ rhymes with holy, but no resemblence what so ever. :worship:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:55 pm

to the playground James and Sandra. Sounds like you are really busy there. All ya gotta do is share the wealth :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: We love em and they keep the MadOnes contented. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:43 am

J & S ,,, welcome to he form,,,, Lots of info here abouts, Even more good folks to hang around with when not camping also,,,,

I sure would like to take a peek at ya stable of trailers,,, I live in Easley, and frequent the roads of Liberty on a regular basis,,,

send me an email or a PM,, It would be nice to meet another fanatic close by :lol: :thumbsup:

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Hey there!

Postby Rose4aname » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:34 am

I am new too and looks like I am also a neighbor. I live in Easley. Chip stopped by my place to ask if I wanted to sell my new project. Sorry Chip - I am still working on it. I plan to paint in the next couple of weeks. My little Scotty is starting to look ready for a trip (at least inside). I will add pics when I can.
Rose4aname
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:01 am

Rose, welcome to the funny farm,,, I might even stop by again soon to see what kind of progress you are making,,, :thumbsup: I have looked at several trailers but so far they are being used to store dog food, tools or hunting trailer,,, but I am not discouraged,,, :lol:

There is a lot of good information on all kinds of trailers on this forum and an answer or 12 is just a question away,,,

seeya,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Rose4aname » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Stop by anytime -
Rose4aname