Okiekajun Dreamin'

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Okiekajun Dreamin'

Postby okiekajun » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello Ya'll...

Nice place you have here. I stumbled across the forum a couple of nights ago and have been up very late this week. Love anything vintage cars, boats, music, and these trailers. But, I like anything with an edge, like what they refer to as "rat rods", rockabilly...

Just spying around right now, really want a winter project, so I probably won't start for another month or two. Really like the look of the Sportsman Cubs to begin with maybe add a little flair to it. I can definitely see a Cabin Car in my future, but I'm gonna start smaller and simple design.

I guess this is a place to introduce yourself so... I'm 42, single, enjoy long walks on the beach... No wait that's not me... I am 42, I am single but if I'm on the beach it'll be a party. Love Hot Rod car shows, small venue concerts & traveling. I'm very close with my family, my brother and sister are probably my best friends. My parents getting older I'm hoping this will be a good FAMILY PROJECT...

Will keep you guys posted on the date as it approaches, project designs, progress and I'm SURE I will have many questions as I read things...

Look forward to working with all of you!!!
okiekajun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Welcome to this playground!!! We're a good bunch, you'll never lack for support or help! Do you have Oklahoma roots?
Be sure to come to LCG , even if in a tent or for a day.... you'll get your fill! And I'm not sure where in LA you are,but don't be afraid to drive.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Image The playground is wide open. Okiekajun huh! You are gonna love LCG11. Be sure to make the party of the year! See the South Central forum.

Now there is no cure for the addiction and staying up all night reading is a sure sign. The only treatment is to :designing: :question: :hammer: :Flippin Burger: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi okiekajun,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have fun, ask questions, and jump in and post with the rest of us. :thumbsup:

And when you start your build, be sure and post lots of pictures. We like pictures. :)

But most of all, just have fun and attend some get-togethers, even if you have to tent camp. You will pick up many good ideas by looking at other peoples trailers.
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:01 pm

Welcome, Okiekajun, good to see that you plan to build a teardrop. Since you are such a young buck, why don't you and Ol' Dad build one for each of you. He surely would like to go a-camping with the "kid". Just think, you can practice on the first one and then the second will be a snap. Do look around, check out the style you want, attend TD gatherings and meet some real nice folks.

We are here to answer your build questions, and I am sure there are no questions that someone on the board can not answer. Good luck on your build, take pics, post pics, get involved, enjoy your beach walks and what else, oh yes, Welcome again.

Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby madjack » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 am

Welcome Okie...I'm your next door neighbor and there are a couple of others around here...I would invite you to see whats cookin' in the shop BUT it's top secret for now...you'll havta wait and comeon up to the LCGII to see it, so be sure and come on up...it's only a couple of hours from ya........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby okiekajun » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:21 am

Thank you all for the kind welcome and I will definitely make it up Saturday for the rally.

oklahomajewel thank you for the offer and I may take you up on it. It's according to how work goes.

Miriam tell me about it, this isn't the only forum I'm on, I'm trying to build an old hot rod truck also, but it got put on a back burner due to TOO much money, I realize this won't be cheap, but less expensive than my truck...

madjack, good to know there is this much knowledge on the subject this close at hand. Maybe we could meet one Saturday before the meet at a neutral ground location for lunch or something. That way I'm not completely blind to acquaintances when I get to the rally.

Everyone else again thanks so much, looking forward to the fun this will bring.
okiekajun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Welcome Okie...

A beach bum teardrop sounds like the perfect thing!!! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby okiekajun » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:18 pm

mikeschn wrote:Welcome Okie...

A beach bum teardrop sounds like the perfect thing!!! ;)

Mike...

:thumbsup:

Now how did you know what idea I was going for, guess I'm just that transparent...

Looking forward to it...
okiekajun
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves