Greetings from New Hampshire!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:06 am

Jim, it looks like you too, have been bitten by the teardrop bug. Not to worry, we all have experienced it, and the affliction goes on and on. Lets see, next you will be checking out a few hundred pictures on the forum, then creating in your mind's eye just exactly what you have in mind. Then come the computer generated plans, constantly changing from the larger-than-life ideas you get as you go to bed looking at the ceiling, constanly building and rebuilding in your head, to make it just right.

So, welcome to the whole process and I hope your build goes well.

Roly, an ol' woody teardrop builder in smoky So Calif. ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby jdarkoregon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:22 am

Jimmy, You seem to be a perfect fit for this crazy land. Can't wait to see what you settle on for your build.

welcome to the forum

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Jimmy D » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 am

Well, we won the bid on e-bay for the plans on a taller, not quite a teardrop camper. I plan on pouring over these plans and many others while we decide the avenue we want to take. I'm pretty certain she is now talked out of the pop-up camper idea. Whew!

Being this will be towed by my Ford Ranger, I either have to purchase a truck cap to decrease the airflow or not build it as tall as the plans call for. My wife is 5'10 and I am 5'11, so we want something that we don't feel claustrophobic in and will still provide us with plenty of room for everything. The cap is a good idea because it also allows for a great deal of extra storage.

:thumbsup:
Jimmy D
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jengel » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi and welcome,
I'm also a newbie. Just bought a teardrop. I'm in central Vermont, near Middlebury. You're welcome to take a Sunday drive over and see it for some more ideas.
Jordan
jengel
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Jimmy...

What dovaka said. Draw lots of plans. The ebay plans are a starting point. Don't forget to check out the Generic Benroy Plans, and also the Vintage Plans. Then look in the Hall of Fame, and be sure to check out my ET for a design with a bathroom.

Then draw your 50 plans!!! :o :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy D » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi Mike,

I have already availed myself of the resources you mentioned and have been reading the threads. I especially found the one on bending plywood to be of special importance.

You sir, have done a GREAT JOB in creating this forum and allowing people to share their experiences. For newbies like myself, it allows us to gain valuable insight. THANK YOU.

:applause:

Jimmy
Jimmy D
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves