3 unknowable things about you

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: hmmmm!

Postby Geron » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:47 pm

Creamcracker wrote:3. I married John Fogerty!

Philip

Is that legal in your state?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Joseph » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:32 pm

The unknowable things about me are so unknowable, even I don't know what they are! :?

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Re: hmmmm!

Postby Creamcracker » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Geron wrote:
Creamcracker wrote:3. I married John Fogerty!

Philip

Is that legal in your state?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Geron

I thought someone would get a kick out of that! If you look at my Avatar it'll give you a clue --- if you haven't already figured it out.
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Ma3tt » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Philip you are into Fogerty AND Star Wars??
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby Creamcracker » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Ma3tt wrote:Philip you are into Fogerty AND Star Wars??

I've been a John Fogerty fan since his early days and then had the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time when he was planning his wedding back in 1991 and I was asked to perform the marriage service. AS to STAR WARS thats my son. The AVATAR pic was taken at his wedding back in July. He belongs to a group that have all the "gear" and do charity work visiting hospitals etc. These 3 characters turned up at his wedding and "kidnapped" the bride until a "ransom" (honeymoon cash) was raised from the wedding guests.
This should take you to the YouTube link of the kidnapping.
http://www.youtube.com/user/shabad
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Eunice » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm

very cute video. Hope they had an awesome honeymoon.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:53 pm

okay..... don't know if this is really any big deal about me...

1. I was "kidnapped" at church camp one year.

2. I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and have had 2 "flareups" but it's apparently the benign/non progressive form.

3. I sang in the OK City Chorus of the Sweet Adelines (women's baritone which is like an alto) for about 6 years back in the mid 1990's.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby H@nk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:06 pm

1. Back in 1984 I had a talk with the German "Bundeskansler"Herr Hellmut Schmit.

2. I use to be a good cook in the old days, at least I had nobody poisened.

3. With the Volvo I owned a few years ago, I have only 1 time driven to the max. 265 KM/H on the German Autobahn. 2.5 mpg.

Henk
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:43 pm

#1 In 1965, I was on a TV show similar to American Bandstand. The show originated from Rochester (or Buffalo) ,NY and was called the Lloyd Thaxton Show. Our band made it's TV debut on the show. :shock:

#2 I've been to Germany several times and loved it. Those people know how to party. :applause:

#3 My Mom has a ticket to the Moon issued in 1962 from the agency that became NASA. She never used it and I don't think I will either. :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:34 am

1. I joined a barbershop chorus, sang with them for 6 months and we all went to Hartford and competed on the international stage with 16 other choruses, we came in 9th. (not bad for the first time)

2. In 1948 I built my own water skiis, and rode on them behind my 8 ft hydroplane boat, wowing all of the girls, since I was the fastest thing on the river.

3. In 1952, I married my highschool sweetheart, left Illinois in a blinding snowstorm, drove the full length of Route 66 to California in my 47 Desoto, where we spent 2 weeks sunning ourselves in January on our honeymoon. Loved it so much, we relocated here for the rest of our married life, 55 years and counting.

Roly. (I won't mention crapping on cars from overhanging tree limbs when was a kid) :oops:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Ira » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 am

1) In 1962 (6 years old), I was in the audience of the New York Bozo show, but Bozo was out sick and this non-clown Chuck McCann who I had never heard of filled in. This disappointment was to shape my adult personality in tragic ways.

2) In Hebrew school, my rabbi teacher stole my tallis (shawl) money--I never got this piece of Jew garb that I had ordered. My mother refused to believe that Rabbi Fisher could have done that, and that I myself must have done something sinister with the money.

3) I have a sister 3 years older than me who dropped 25 IQ points immediately after moving to Los Angeles.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Podunkfla » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 am

I have a sister 3 years older than me who dropped 25 IQ points immediately after moving to Los Angeles.

I had an old girlfriend that moved out there... stayed 10 years. When she finally moved back she was a Valley Girl. Couldn't get a job at Walmart. :(
I couldn't understand a thing she said either???
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby deputydogrick » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:02 am

1. sang sacred music
2. worked on boats, cars, campers, houses
3. owned a brand new 1971 351 clevland Mach I black and silver 8)
Keep it fun, Move at your own pace, Don't get hurt
"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think!" Joel Volk
You should never meddle with dragons...............for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
deputydogrick
Lifetime member

Postby tomsglr » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Podunkfla wrote:
Did you buy that new?
Brwbier

No... But I sure wish I still had it... I bet it got 50+ mpg. :thumbsup: :lol:

I had a 52 Buick straight 8 that I got for almost nothing. The gas guage didn't work and I would get $1 worth of gas when I thought it must be about out of gas. More than once it was full and would only take a few cents worth of gas. I wish I had a car like that now.

Tom
tomsglr
Teardrop Master

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:25 pm

tomsglr wrote:
Podunkfla wrote:
Did you buy that new?
Brwbier

No... But I sure wish I still had it... I bet it got 50+ mpg. :thumbsup: :lol:

I had a 52 Buick straight 8 that I got for almost nothing. The gas guage didn't work and I would get $1 worth of gas when I thought it must be about out of gas. More than once it was full and would only take a few cents worth of gas. I wish I had a car like that now.

Tom

I had a '48 Buick Century 4 door I got from a buddy for $200. It was a tank that swayed bigtime going around corners... but it sure did run good. That trunk latch mechanism with the two "grabbers" that reached down and locked it was amazing. Those were neat cars indeed. Stupid me sold it to get cash to put down on '73 Olds Toranado... One of the worst cars I ever owned. Live and learn... :(
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves