Belated Hi from MN

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Belated Hi from MN

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:32 am

Hi! My name is Tim and I live in Buffalo, MN. I've been asking questions for a while already and figure I should say hi here. I spent 20 years in the Navy traveling the world and now it's time for me to make a camper and see more of the good old USA. My plan is to build a Generic Benroy (thanks Mike for the generous plans) with a few minor changes. I figure it will be big enough for me and my 100# Yellow Lab, Baron. Sorry for the belated introduction.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby EVAC A SHACK » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 am

Welcome Tim
EDDIE AND LINDA SMELLEY
LUFKIN, TX
EVAC A SHACK
Teardrop Master

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 am

Gee Tim...I considered you a seasoned veteran of the T&TTT family!!! Good choice on the Benroy!!! Greetings!!!
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: Belated Hi from MN

Postby hiker chick » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:27 am

TPMcGinty wrote:I figure it will be big enough for me and my 100# Yellow Lab, Baron.

Kindred spirit -- canine comfort is critical!

[url]Image[/url]
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Belated Hi from MN

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:12 pm

hiker chick wrote:
TPMcGinty wrote:I figure it will be big enough for me and my 100# Yellow Lab, Baron.

Kindred spirit -- canine comfort is critical!

[url]Image[/url]

He sure is a comfort! My dog is with me all the time, except when I'm at work. In fact the back seat (folded up) of my F-150 Super Crew is his. I've only had people back there a couple times in the past 2 years.

I remember seeing that you did a camping trip to Shenandoah recently. When I was stationed in Virginia I hiked there every chance I got. Awesome park! Someday I will tow my teardrop there!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ratfinkster » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Tim, welcome. Dennis Malecha from Waseca, MN. Also building a teardrop as we speak. Welding the frame now, hopefully will be cutting plywood in a few weeks. Very cool to see some fellow Minnesotans on the board. Can't wait do some camping in the spring (just shoveled the driveway this morning). Hopefully we can meet up with some of you fellow teardroppers. Good luck on your build, and this forum will give you all the information you should need. In fact, I was planning on purchasing a tear until i discovered this board, now I have one under construction. Go Figure. :thinking:
Ratfinkster
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mike C. » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi Tim and Baron,

Welcome to the forum. You and your Lab need to get to making sawdust and before you know it, your trailer will be done.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Ratfinkster wrote:Tim, welcome. Dennis Malecha from Waseca, MN. Also building a teardrop as we speak. Welding the frame now, hopefully will be cutting plywood in a few weeks. Very cool to see some fellow Minnesotans on the board. Can't wait do some camping in the spring (just shoveled the driveway this morning). Hopefully we can meet up with some of you fellow teardroppers. Good luck on your build, and this forum will give you all the information you should need. In fact, I was planning on purchasing a tear until i discovered this board, now I have one under construction. Go Figure. :thinking:

Hey Dennis! Yes I would like to get together with some of my fellow Minnesota Teardroppers this year for a camping trip too. I'm not building a trailer from scratch like you. I picked up a Northern Tools 5 x 8 and modified it a little. I'm planning on rustproofing it next week and then start building the floor.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Mike C. wrote:Hi Tim and Baron,

Welcome to the forum. You and your Lab need to get to making sawdust and before you know it, your trailer will be done.

See you around. :thumbsup:

My dog is going to LOVE rolling in the sawdust! He loves rolling in mud puddles, horse poop, llama poop, ..... you name it! If it's dirty or stinky he rolls in it! :roll:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Trikerman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Welcome from the UK TPM McGintey, I also have a dog a little Jack Russell named scrumpy , she has to go everywhere with us whether it is to the stores , or in the Rv, or on the Harley Davidson. She thinks that she is human. One thing no matter what, your dog is allways there for you.

John,
HOT DIGGETY DAMN THATS FAST
Trikerman
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Image Better late than never. :thumbsup: Besides now you know the addiction and also it's treatment :twisted: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Just level up the bubble oil. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:13 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Image Better late than never. :thumbsup: Besides now you know the addiction and also it's treatment :twisted: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Just level up the bubble oil. :thumbsup:

I still have to figure out how to make my picture file size smaller. My camera takes 6mp photos and I need to make them smaller!

Tim
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:29 am

:o Oh sorry I missed this. To make your pictures just take them into paint or your photo uploading program and resize them. I usually do 500pix wide. Make sure they are .jpgOr you can put them in a site like photobucket and you can tell the site to size them for posting. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves