Newbie(s) from central KY

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie(s) from central KY

Postby kypilot94 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

A friend of mine and I are both contemplating TTT's. He's dreaming up a modified Winter Warrior and I am dreaming up a 12 foot full standie.

Here's my current rig:

I've turned it into a "park" model with everything, but putting it up and taking it down is not fun. We're ready for a hard side, but it has to be small (>2000 lb).
Bill
94 Viking SP195
2000 Chevy Venture
Dreaming of a full standie
kypilot94
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi kypilot94,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join and Happy New Year back atcha. If you have any questions, just ask. We like questions.
And do you have a first name? Typing kypilot94 over and over is very time consuming, when we can just type your first name. :)

And when you decide what you are going to build, be sure and post pictures, cause we really like to see what you are doin'.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Mentor58 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Welcome Aboard. I'm about 200 miles down the road from you...

Lots of great folks here, more advice, tips, techniques and ways to do things than you can shake a stick at. Have a great time building, looking forward to maybe doing a meetup with the folks here in the mid-south area come summer.

Steve W.
Mediocrity comes easy, the good things take time,
The great needs commitment right down the line.
Mentor58
Teardrop Advisor

Postby kypilot94 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:33 pm

Added my first name to my signature. Forgot that. :(

I've been browsing for a while and rarely see anyone doing full standies. I've looked around and haven't found a forum specifically for them. This place seems to be full of nice people and great ideas, so I'm in.

Think I have a floor plan, a preliminary weight and balance, and my friend that's dreaming of his TD has a MIG welder. There's a trailer builder that supplies custom axles not 5 miles from here, and a great place for RV parts/supplies 25 miles down the road.

I guess the only thing I have to fear is fear itself. :)
Bill
94 Viking SP195
2000 Chevy Venture
Dreaming of a full standie
kypilot94
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the name. As far as standies, you might check out "The Puffin", "The Winter Warrior " or "The Escape Hatch". Look up in the " Hall of Fame," in the upper left corner of each page.

Anyway, thanks for the intro.
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Jst83 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 am

Hello and welcome Bill,
From an up north Hoosier, You've sure come to the right place for all the info you need. Feel free to ask questions, you'll get all the answers you could need and then some on here.
We've got a couple good gatherings planned in southern Indiana this year, one is right on the Ohio River in Aug. You should try and come visit.
Check out the gathering section for info.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves