Greetings from Hotlanta...

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Hotlanta...

Postby airnos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 pm

I've only been hanging out as a visitor here for about five or six months and I figured it was time I should join, even if I'm only a wannabe...

Due to living in an apartment and having ZERO mechanical ability, I'll be buying (as well as renting a mini storage, most likely). The paycheck and the wallet tell me that won't be very soon though, so I'll content myself with using my pretty shiny car as an avatar instead. It's *almost* the right shape, and might even get a trailer hitch in the next year...

Yes, that's my exact vehicle, by the way -- I've been a photography nut for a while and sometimes like to play with weird stuff like digital infrared. That's why the picture doesn't look real.

So I likely still won't comment much, but I'll be lurking!
Catherine: Teardropper Wannabe
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be spectacular."
airnos
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 pm

to the sunny side of the playground. You are not required to have a TD or be building one. Just love looking at the pictures. 8)

Enjoy and good luck with the wallet thing. Got that issue too. Bossy little thang. :roll:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

bossy things

Postby airnos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome. :campfire:

I also have a bossy car engine which keeps whining at me about a 1000 lb tow capacity, so when I do buy I'll be going for the smaller cheaper stuff. I've had my eye on a LG 4-Wide for a while. Maybe someday...
airnos
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi airnos,

Welcome to the forum. Buying or building, it doesn't matter, it's the participating in the fun with a great group of people. For ideas on what to buy, check out any get-togethers in your area, then go by and check out what others have built and bought.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

jealous whine

Postby airnos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Okay, since this is mostly whining I decided to post here instead of starting a brand new topic. But out of curiosity I drove up to a dealer outside Greenville, SC this weekend to look at the Little Guys he had on the lot. I'd never seen a TD before so I wanted to make sure that I really did want one of these.

The good news is that I definitely do. :)

The bad news is that the options I consider "essential" are going to run my price up nice and high. Given that I just bought a new car, it's going to be a while...measured in years most likely...before I manage to get one. :cry:

For those not playing the home game, I have zero mechanical ability (really, I can screw up a straight cut) and live in an apartment so I have nowhere to do the build anyway. I'll have to put the trailer in the mini storage area I already rent.

But still, y'all please enjoy the fact that I'm jealous of you. It's meant in the kindest of ways. :envious:
airnos
Teardrop Inspector

Welcome to the Forum

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Dear Catherine,

So glad you came out of lurking to join in the festivities. You can be a "Teardrop Groupie" for now, or a "Teardropper in Training" when you actually get the $$$ together to buy one. Either one works..... :R

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves