Yet Another Lurker / Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Yet Another Lurker / Newbie

Postby Can-O-Yeti » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Greetings

After reading a lot of the newbie posts, it seems as though I am in good company. I have been reading posts for about 6 months and I have decided to build a teardrop...probably a 5 x 8 or 10 Benroy.

I live in Prescott, AZ and teach at the local community college. This leaves me a good amount of time during the summer to partake in my two hobbies of mountain biking and backpacking. The teardrop fits right in with these passions.

I am curious about the Harbor Freight trailers. There are serveral HF stores in the Phoenix area. Is it common for the stores to carry the trailers? Can you get the trailers shipped to the retail stores to save on shipping charges? I have been eyeing the 5 x 8 black trailer.

Dave
Can-O-Yeti
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:57 pm

YES
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:39 pm

Image To the playground Dave. Most stores have the folding trailers in stock. Watch the add and you can get them fairly cheap.

Look forward to watching your build. :question: :designing: :hammer: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: So keep the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of HF trailers in use on this site. Also Red Trailers, and just about any other kind you can think of. With a summer vacation from teaching, you should be able to turn one out pretty quick. So get in and start making sawdust, and be sure to post pictures as you go, so we can watch your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Welcome!

Postby Alfred » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi Dave!

Harbor Freight stocks the trailers, although you might want to check out the Tractor Supply Company's 4x8 or the Northern Tool 5x8, which come already assembled and go for about the same price.

I am an adjunct instructor at two community colleges, teaching Human Services courses at both Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, and online distance courses for St. Petersburg College!

This is a great group! Welcome aboard!

Al in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby BillyLandry » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Welcome Dave! :)
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves