Functional and durable

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Functional and durable

Postby redrun » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Having been unhappy with the poor quality of the bells and whistle travel trailers we've owned in the past, I'm going to build one my way. I'm an avid outdoorsman, a hunting guide, spend warm days on the Texas Coast fishing for Redfish and follow the baseball season coaching my son. I want to design a TTT for real men. Heavy duty, functional, and still affordable. I've got to keep the family in mind so I need something with a bunk for my 6 yr old and an indoor "potty" for the spouse.

All that in a perfect world. I'm actually going to start a version of the weekender in the next week to 10 days. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me.

KC
redrun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sonar37 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Redrun wrote:
I'm going to build one my way

Good decision!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Here's a great license plate for when you get it finished:

Good luck and be sure to post lots of pictures of your progress. :thumbsup:
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby SteveH » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 am

Welcome, KC, and a big thumbs up for your camper ideas. :thumbsup: There are a few of us teardropers in the area, and if you would like to see what we've done, give one of us a shout. Again, welcome to the forum.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby EVAC A SHACK » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:06 am

Welcome KC

Build what you think will fill your needs and then come to some Gatherings and get some ideas on extras that will just add to and enhance your TTT.
EDDIE AND LINDA SMELLEY
LUFKIN, TX
EVAC A SHACK
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Image To the playground KC. The weekender is a great build and we always look forward to seeing one done. 8) That means lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Keeps the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi KC,

Welcome to the forum. Look around on here and I'm sure you will find a build that suits your needs.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves