New guy from Mi.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from Mi.

Postby sgt.tom » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Hello.

My name is tom and I am from the Owosso/ Chesaning Michigan area. I'm new to all this, but I like the teardrop trailers and am planning on building one. I'm in no hurry and plan on taking my time. I have basic building skills. My wife is on board with me (90% of the battle). I enjoy all outdoor activities and have a big goofy airedale terrier to help.

Right now I'm just going to read the posts and try and learn as much as I can. Later, I'm sure I'll have plenty of dumb questions.
sgt.tom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the forum!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:43 pm

Hello and Welcome!!!

You have found a great place here. With the help and encouragement of the great folks on this forum you will find your self camping in no time.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your build.

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby sonar37 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Hello and welcome fellow Michigander! :shake hands:

Congrats on your decision to build a teardrop! :applause: :applause: This is a great group of folks, very eager to help and they will cheer you along every step of the way. :P

Good luck with your new build. Be sure to post lots of pictures!!
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby sgt.tom » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I guess my first step is getting a good set of plans. What does everyone suggest? The ones from kuffel creek? :thinking:
sgt.tom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Boodro » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:02 am

sgt.tom , there are plenty of free plans right here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just go to the top of the page & click on the design library & there ya goooo! Good luck! ;) ;)
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi Sgt_Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Do like Boodro said, there are also free plans under "Generic Benroy Plans" at the top. For ideas, check out "The Hall of Fame" at the top left of each page. This will let you see what others have done. Get in and ask questions and most of all have fun.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves