first ttt renovation!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Tracy wrote:I will stay in it in my driveway (as discreetly as I can). I have a membership at the gym and I can cook hot meals at work.

Sounds to me like you have a plot and a plot. A tip---keep a journal and a photo log. Maybe even start a blog. Your grandkids will love it and other might be inspired. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby sonar37 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Aunti M wrote:
A tip---keep a journal and a photo log. Maybe even start a blog. Your grandkids will love it and other might be inspired.

Great idea!! I for one would be interested in following your adventure, Tracy. I'm sure others would too. Sending postive thoughts your way as you start your project. :worship: Good luck to you.
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby traceyinva » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm

grandkids??? (gulp) oh please not yet! :shock:

The MINUTE the trailer arrives I will take a bunch of pics and create a blog somewhere or an album or however that works and I will keep careful track of the progress.

My house (with a little plot of land) is one mile from my workplace where I can keep stuff in a fridge and freezer (also have a microwave and toaster oven available there) and I'll have water from the outside tap, a penny stove for quick a.m. water for oatmeal/tea, small gas barbeque, porta pot... shower facilities at the gym... all the comforts of campground life... and I get to do it for the entire summer! I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity, and to be able to help others in the process, yeee haw!

I am so excited to be getting this camper for free! I've read posts of people paying good money for these units, even if they are broken down, as a place to start... and this one just needs a bunch of TLC! (whisper --and a few hundred dollars worth of luan, trim, vinyl flooring, bug spray, paint, sealant, etc)... I couldn't be more delighted!

I am also less than a mile from the little 'down town' area, where there is a farmers market every Saturday morning, I have a little garden space in my yard, Square foot gardening the last three years in a 4'x12' plot... I can keep eggs and a bit of milk and butter in a cooler... It's gonna be a blast ya'll!

Come to the Shenandoah Valley for the fourth of July! (Bring cold beer :))There's a REALLY nice campground just a couple miles south of here called Walnut Hills...

ciao! Tracey in VA
traceyinva
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:13 pm

:lol: Tracy I have often wanted to run away and camp out for the summer. Now remember most of Europe used real butter without refrigeration until recently (I'm old). Heikki in Finland still can't just buy ice so you will be doing great. Will you be close enough to the house for electricity? An old fridge outside will take care of most things. :thumbsup:

Looked up Staunton VA. My Uncle lives in Roanoke and one in Gladehill. Daughter also lives in Manassas. You might check out the NE forum for activities in your area.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Miriam C. wrote:.....Now remember most of Europe used real butter without refrigeration until recently (I'm old) could be :D .....

I still don't keep my butter in the fridge. It stays in a butter dish on the counter.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves