hello from wisconsin

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

hello from wisconsin

Postby sasquatchfound » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Hello, I'm new on here. My name is shane, I am from eau claire WI.
i have three children that spend alot of time in the outdoors. I'm looking forward to building my first T&TTT.

Thanks, Shane
sasquatchfound
Teardrop Inspector

Postby satch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm

WELCOME!! You will find alot of useful info here, not to mention a lot of "interesting folk" too. Good luck on the build and keep us all updated. 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Welcome!

There are several of us teardroppers here in Wisconsin, so you are in good company.

Please consider joining us for our spring teardrop gathering, Cooler Near the Lake II at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Sheboygan.

All the details are here:
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=16165

Even if you don't have a teardrop yet, come and join us for lots of good food, lots of fun, more good food, lots of ideas, lots of great people, and oh, did I mention the food?

There will be at least 20+ teardrops of all makes, styles and persuasions, so you will be able to get lots of first hand info and ideas.

Hope to see you there!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sasquatchfound » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:03 pm

thanks for the welcome every one. And it is nice there are others near me. I do have alot of questions to get started on my first TD, but i will see if they are already answered first..

Thanks, Shane
sasquatchfound
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Image to the playground Shane. The kids will love looking at all those teardrops. How old are the children? Old enough to help? :twisted: Have fun with the planning and remember to take lot of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Keeps the bubble oil level.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby sasquatchfound » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm

I have a 15 year old daughter, 9yr son and a 7yr daughter. And yes they want to help now i just need to find a cheap 5x8 or 5x10 trailor frame.

Thanks, Shane
sasquatchfound
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum. Boy, with that many people helping, you should be done in no time. Do you have a design picked out yet? You might check out the "Hall of Fame" at the top left of this page for ideas that others have come up with. If we can be of help, just ask. We like questions, and on rare occasions, we have the correct answers.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby sasquatchfound » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm

thanks Mike C. I have alot of questions. First WOW, there are some really nice TD's you all have. Is there a thread that has complete instructions to build one including wiring (heating, cooking, cooling, etc)?

Thanks, Shane
sasquatchfound
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rbeemer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 pm

sasquatchfound wrote:thanks Mike C. I have alot of questions. First WOW, there are some really nice TD's you all have. Is there a thread that has complete instructions to build one including wiring (heating, cooking, cooling, etc)?

Thanks, Shane

Shane,

Check out the Generic Benroy plans at the top of the page, right next to the design library
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby sasquatchfound » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:58 pm

rbeemer, i looked and it seems that it is not complete. is there more to the instructions? Mine wont be exact to that one but it would help, being a rookie and all. :)

Thanks, Shane
sasquatchfound
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:00 am

sasquatchfound wrote:rbeemer, i looked and it seems that it is not complete. is there more to the instructions? Mine wont be exact to that one but it would help, being a rookie and all. :)

Thanks, Shane

I'd say those plans are about as complete as you'll find anywhere short of them building it for you. 8)

If want want to look at some more info go to the search up top and put 'generic benroy' in the keyword search, check 'search for all terms',
in search options under forum go to Generic Building Plans hit search. It should give you some numbered threads that we were using when putting the plans together. Lots of info there too.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:17 am

You might consider Steve Frederick's manual. He is very, very accomplished and has a website set up for support. I don't usually endorse products, but you can't go too wrong Steve. Here is a link to Camping Classics.Camping Classics You will want to click on the "Builders Manual" link....
:thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 am

BTW, where'd ya find sasquatch??? 8) 8) :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 am

sasquatchfound wrote:thanks Mike C. I have alot of questions. First WOW, there are some really nice TD's you all have. Is there a thread that has complete instructions to build one including wiring (heating, cooking, cooling, etc)?

Thanks, Shane

http://www.tomswenson.com/teardrop/index.shtml

I found this one a good source of information. and Joanne's dessert dawg build blog is great to. ( very good electrical design section )
Good luck on your build. Pictures are a must and you gotta share them!
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby jmtk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Shane!

I grew up in northern Wisconsin (still have a couple sisters and other assorted relatives back there), but am out in Utah now. MrBuzz is in Eau Claire and will probably be along shortly to say hi.

Have fun with your build!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves