Hello New to tears Lacombe LA.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello New to tears Lacombe LA.

Postby HumbleOne » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

hello all my name is Randy Meyer

I have bit of design exp. ( work for Saturn up to 1994 model year)
8) and realy like the Tear I am thinking of a 5x10 maybe 5x12 tear (we will need the stoarge) with lots of upgrades. we are looking to travel in this a lot and in many climes so it must be easy to heat/Cool.

I realy like the style of the LuxoTear by Mike Westhoff
http://westhoffdesign.com/michael/teardrop.htm
but may change the foward curve I think I will be needing a front trunk.

some of the things I will install :twisted:

LED lighting inside and out.
I am looking at Mini/Split AC/Heat unit or a portable unit( any commits on this would help)
Hot water (110v or Lp ? )
LP gas and 12volt DC/110AC ports
Shower outside hookups
solar power/charge
Micro/convection (wifes wish list)
Sat TV
Gen Onboard

The things I am going to design into the tear are out of the need to be able to Live in it for extended time and drop the unit in a spot and travel aroundn the area and come back to the tear. I have had Class A/C motorhomes and travel trailers but

I like the tent camping the best and at my age I just cant do that any more. :cry:

so a tear it is and off we go

Back the the CAD program for me :thinking:

any notes commits would help. :worship:

You can reach me at [email protected]
HumbleOne
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Randell...welcome to the board...for heat/cool, try this... http://www.hitechbuildingsystems.com/HVAC/index.php ...look in the top index for the search button and enter "petcool" for lotssa info on these units.........
madjack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Welcome !!!!! You'll find this forum is the best for information, encouragement and we have a fun group of campers!

come camping with us soon,,, even if you don't have the teardrop done yet... there's nothing better than seeing one in person !!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Image to the playground Randell. CAD is good and we will look forward to seeing what you come up with. Lots of interest in a quick way to get out camping or out of the weather.

Enjoy and :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: really important if you want to keep the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the forum. One place you might check out to see how to do just about anything, is " sdtripper2's index" at the top of this page. Another place to check out if you want ideas on what others have done, is the "Hall of Fame" in the upper left on each page.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Thanks

Postby HumbleOne » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 pm

I am looking farward to showing you all some of my Ideas its just the time = Money thing I have to work on work not toys but I am bouncing a few new I deas around. Like i am playing with the idea of a monoframe Tear in ALUM. :thinking: and I want it to be light and soild and very very substainable for long travels i.e solar, LED Lighting and a inverterGEN, I know pricy :shock: but I think it will work out. and I have been kicking around the idea of water/waste tanks in the fenders and maybe a Goose type Galley and if I do it this way I am going to round the sharp edges a bit more plane like. :?
8)
and thanks for the Pet Cooler Idea MADJACK I am contacting them about how to add a thermostat to it so it can be setside ways ;)
HumbleOne
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sushidog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Welcome neighbor! :shake hands:

I look forward to seeing the progress on your rig. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I live on HWY 59 in Abita, so I'm right around the corner.
sushidog
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello New to tears Lacombe LA.

Postby Sparksalot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm

HumbleOne wrote:

Cool.
I'm on my third Saturn now. A 2007 Outlook will my tow vehicle (once the build starts that is).
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Re: Hello New to tears Lacombe LA.

Postby satch » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:52 pm

HumbleOne wrote:hello all my name is Randy Meyer

8) and realy like the Tear I am thinking of a 5x10 maybe 5x12 tear (we will need the stoarge) with lots of upgrades. we are looking to travel in this a lot and in many climes so it must be easy to heat/Cool.

I realy like the style of the LuxoTear by Mike Westhoff
http://westhoffdesign.com/michael/teardrop.htm
but may change the foward curve I think I will be needing a front trunk.

some of the things I will install :twisted:

LED lighting inside and out.
I am looking at Mini/Split AC/Heat unit or a portable unit( any commits on this would help)
Hot water (110v or Lp ? )
LP gas and 12volt DC/110AC ports
Shower outside hookups
solar power/charge
Micro/convection (wifes wish list)
Sat TV
Gen Onboard

The things I am going to design into the tear are out of the need to be able to Live in it for extended time and drop the unit in a spot and travel aroundn the area and come back to the tear. I have had Class A/C motorhomes and travel trailers but

I like the tent camping the best and at my age I just cant do that any more. :cry:

so a tear it is and off we go

Back the the CAD program for me :thinking:

any notes commits would help. :worship:

You can reach me at [email protected]

MAN, that sounds like the "Taj Mahul" of tears :lol: btw WELCOME
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Randy, welcome to the board. Looks like you have a good idea of what you want in the teardrop trailer. You sure are going to squeeze a lot of stuff within your build. I love teardrops, have 2 of them, but I wonder if you have considered picking up a fairly small vintage trailer that you can restore and add all of the goodies you would enjoy on an extended trip. Just a suggestion, I don't want to alter your dreams for the perfect teardrop.

As your build progresses, dont hesitate to ask questions about where to find materials or custom items that you will need as time goes on. Good luck on your build, and I envy you, with your plans to live the free and easy life on the road. I did it for over 5 years and just loved it. Enjoy.
Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Hi Roly

Postby HumbleOne » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:Hi Randy, welcome to the board. Looks like you have a good idea of what you want in the teardrop trailer. You sure are going to squeeze a lot of stuff within your build. I love teardrops, have 2 of them, but I wonder if you have considered picking up a fairly small vintage trailer that you can restore and add all of the goodies you would enjoy on an extended trip. Just a suggestion, I don't want to alter your dreams for the perfect teardrop.

As your build progresses, dont hesitate to ask questions about where to find materials or custom items that you will need as time goes on. Good luck on your build, and I envy you, with your plans to live the free and easy life on the road. I did it for over 5 years and just loved it. Enjoy.
Roly :thumbsup:

Well I know it sound's like a lot but I have allready changed the AC unit ( Thanks MADJACK) and I have looked at the tear form a new angle well maybe. I started a new drawing last night. but it may be a wild one :thinking:
I am looking at welding the the Alum body around the inside... and using alum. for all framing and no axel but torson hub mounts this way I can use intagraded tanks and a few other Ideas but more than likely will build the 1st one the good oll way :D

but I am going to put LED/Solar in it and I am working out some water/wast tanks in the fenders :thinking:
also some under deck storage.

as for rebuilding a Oldie No thanks been there done that I am TOO MUCH OF A DESIGNER the last time I did that I would see back and go now if this was not here I could do this and then I go to changing it up. I think for me and mainly my wife pice of mind I should start from the ground up then I am the only one I will want to slap :x

but will keep yall posted

and would like to meet with all in the area and peek at some tears. ;)
HumbleOne
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves