new dropper in AZ-hello

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

new dropper in AZ-hello

Postby urbanironaz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Hello everyone from sunny(not today) AZ. This is a great resource and I am glad to find it. I am building a 5 x 8 drop - I welded up a frame from 2" square tube and rolled out the the frame from 1" steel tube- I choose to do as much as I could with steel tube because metal is easy for me, it is the wood I am dreading. I have a 1500 lbs torsion axle with 15" wheels. I still need to finish up a little welding to get ready to prime the frame work. I plan to skin it with aluminum on the outside-1" thick insulating foam in the middle-and wood inside..with a wood floor. I am looking for ideas on the plumbing for sink and a good way to put air conditioning in ..any help would be apprciated... :thinking: :) [/b]
urbanironaz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jdarkoregon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Urban,

Welcome, it sounds like you are on your way! Build Lite

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Mike C. » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi urbanironaz,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are well on your way. For information on anything "teardrops", just check out the "sdtripper2's index" at the top of each page. And be sure and post pictures of your build, as you go, cause we like to check out your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby urbanironaz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I am trying to stay light and go with the less is more mantra. Anyone in Az currently in the middle of a build or have a teardrop... I am looking for inspiration :thinking:
urbanironaz
Teardrop Inspector

AZ

Postby OrionAZ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:19 pm

I built mine in AZ. Does that count? I have since moved to Funny Florida. It would probably be to far to drive to see my rig. But feel free to check out some pic in my album. If I can answer any questions just let me know. Have fun!
OrionAZ
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:15 pm

To the playground Urban.... We have folks in AZ and you can find information about them here:
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=15

You have a wonderful start on your tear so don't forget the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Keeps the bubble oil level, and gives a wonderful reference tool for asking questions. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: new dropper in AZ-hello

Postby ssrjim » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:15 am

urbanironaz wrote:Hello everyone from sunny(not today) AZ. This is a great resource and I am glad to find it. I am building a 5 x 8 drop - I welded up a frame from 2" square tube and rolled out the the frame from 1" steel tube- I choose to do as much as I could with steel tube because metal is easy for me, it is the wood I am dreading. I have a 1500 lbs torsion axle with 15" wheels. I still need to finish up a little welding to get ready to prime the frame work. I plan to skin it with aluminum on the outside-1" thick insulating foam in the middle-and wood inside..with a wood floor. I am looking for ideas on the plumbing for sink and a good way to put air conditioning in ..any help would be apprciated... :thinking: :) [/b]

I'm in Glendale and have number 3 underway:
http://web.mac.com/ramjim/TearDrop_3/TearDrop_Build_Blog/TearDrop_Build_Blog.html
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby urbanironaz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:53 am

thanks for the offer orion but florida is a little to far for me-but I would be willing to buy ssrjim a 12 pack of his choice to come see his work in progress 8) I am a hands on person and gathered all my info from the computer so I am anxious to see one in person. I will be posting pics as soon as my wife helps me figure out how :?
urbanironaz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ssrjim » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:25 am

urbanironaz wrote:thanks for the offer orion but florida is a little to far for me-but I would be willing to buy ssrjim a 12 pack of his choice to come see his work in progress 8) I am a hands on person and gathered all my info from the computer so I am anxious to see one in person. I will be posting pics as soon as my wife helps me figure out how :?

Come on by, I love showing off my work.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby urbanironaz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks nfor the invite... i would love to see what a third generation teardrop has evolved into...I'll PM you.. :thumbsup:
urbanironaz
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves