Newbie from 'Bama

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from 'Bama

Postby willik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Hello. My name is Karen and with the help of my wonderful brother-in-law, I am just entering the world of teardrops. He's building me a Benroy style tear. I am helping (mostly by getting him something to drink and handing him tools) him with the build. Last weekend was our first real weekend working on it. I know he has looked over this site gathering the information he is using, so I am most appreciative for your willingness to share your knowledge and experiences.

Once we get it completed, I plan on mostly long weekend trips with my two dogs around the southeast.
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:16 pm

You have been on the forum since October and this is your first post.
Were you hideing from us.

Photography as a hobby and not a single picture in your album.

And worst of all there are 4 "a"'s in Alabama

Just picking on the nubie ! :lol:

Oh by the way welcome to the mad house !

My first post to ya seems to have evaporated so this is a second try !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

hiding

Postby willik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm a bit old school when it comes to being on boards. I lurk for a long time to get the look and feel.

Thanks for the catch on the spelling -- down South we tend to spell like we speak -- you know dog=dawg at least when we talk to folks from the rest of the country... if y'all knew how nice our part of the country is and that it wasn't filled with rednecks, you might want to move here and make it too crowded... javascript:emoticon('8)')

Once I go out in the camper, I'll put up photos... doesn't seem fair to put up photos from the 47 states I've visit since those weren't camping trips.<G> 8)
willik
Teardrop Master

Re: hiding

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 pm

willik wrote:Once I go out in the camper, I'll put up photos... )

WHAT NO BUILD PHOTOS .

We want to see what kind of a photographer you are now. You need to show many of the members you can take photo's in a garage without them looking like a black bear at midnight during a total eclipes. Show us how to get good detailed closeup shots that are actually in focus.

Pic's of the bro in law hard at work and you taste testing his beer to be sure it is still cold enough.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 pm

And you didn't tell us about your two dogs either... What kind are they?

Oh, but welcome to the forum! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

pics and pups

Postby willik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 pm

I didn't take any photos last week, but I will next work day.

The pups -- my lovely ladies are a buff cocker (1 year 4 months old) and a sable and white sheltie (5 months old). They are the reason I started lurking here and convinced my brother-in-law to "help" me with this project... it seemed the perfect way to camp with them. And camping seemed the most economical way to vacation with them.

I'll drop a couple of photos of them into my gallery.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Image to the playground. I see the welcome committee has already "schooled" you on photos. 8) And you can spell Bamma any way you want. Erynn and Morgan are beautiful. Thanks for posting them.

Really, pictures of the build keep the bubble oil level so take a bunch. You can't really go back once it it finished. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forum. Keep those cool drinks coming to the BIL and give him the good advise you pick up on this forum and you and your canine friends will be camping before you know it. Just get that camera out and get those pics, to keep everyone's bubble oil level.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves