New, from Eufaula, OK

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New, from Eufaula, OK

Postby Red Diamond Ranch » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:50 am

Hello,
I'm Mike, I'm 64, retired since 1989 and we ( my lovely wife and I) live in Eufaula, Oklahoma and I've registered here today. I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I have as many others have noticed, that there are many wonderful sharing people here. The kind of people that have always made this Country great, yesterday, today and for all the tomorrow's to come.
We have four Sons all grown with nine grandchildren. They don't ask for money so I figure we did ok with them. The three oldest, two Electrical Contractor's one Cabinet Maker and the youngest is career Air Force, in Afghanistan, coming home in a few weeks, tour finished.
I've always been able to do most of the things I've wanted to. Now building a Teardrop Trailer is what I'm going to do, maybe several. Remember nine grandchildren! My wife says have fun, she's sticking with the 5th Wheel. She's claustrophobic. My thinking is it'll be much cheaper to drag the TD around the country than the 5th Wheel. So maybe it will be a very large TD, ( LOL )
I need to keep reading here as I get all my Ducks in a row. I just hope that I can return your gift of helpful advice as time goes along. You certainly have my admiration for all that you do here.

Mike
Red Diamond Ranch
Teardrop Inspector

welcome

Postby sHoootR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:30 am

Welcome to the Madness......don't forget the PIX........ :thumbsup:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:32 am

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to do a giant teardrop, like the Generic ET. That way your wife will go camping with you! But whatever you decide, have fun, and take lots of pictures!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 am

WELCOME y'all !!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the Beavers Bend thread --- come camping with us even if it's with your big rig and take a look at the teardrops in person. Join us for dinner! We have the whole Buckeye Area B and they will let us double up so we'll make room for ya.
Or just come down for the day and visit!!!

Cindy used to be claustrophic too but now they've racked up 10K miles with their Bluebonnet and she's never been claustrophic in it !!!
Roof vent, windows and whatever room you make it inside helps.

I am hoping / planning on camping at Tenkiller and possible Keystone and the either McGee Creek south of you or Lake of the Arbuckles or ... well, there's always somewhere!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby edevans » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Welcome to the fun, Mike. Some of the ladies that are not sure about the teardrops at first learn to love them. (9 Grand kids sound just right ( that is how many I have) along with 4 Great grands. I am starting on my third TTT. Have a lot of fun with your build and it does become family fun with input on names, decorating and such. :D :D Edl
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi Mike! We live between Tulsa and Catoosa. I am VERY claustrophobic!
If someone held my arms down I would go nuts. I can't stand any tight places like caves, so I was sure I couldn't sleep in a teardrop.
When My husband started talking about the teardrops, I would lay in one with the doors open. Then we got one to try and I slept in it in the back yard. I figured if it bothered me too much I could go back into the house. I was really surprised how much room there is in one and I did not feel closed in at all. Now for someone who doesn't even like caves, that is something. We have had ours a year come June and we have camped in it quite a few times. I hope your wife gets a chance to try one. I hope you can come to Beavers Bend, there will be quite a few of us there.

Welcome to our group!
Grani
:applause:
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Red Diamond Ranch » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I showed my wife the Generic ET and she is seriously considering it, much to my surprise. javascript:emoticon(':D') I have and will contiue to enjoy this forum and we are looking forward to meeting some of the folks here at the the gatherings.

Mike
Red Diamond Ranch
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Mike and wife,

Welcome to the forum. Well, I can understand the need for a large trailer, I have five children and nine grandchildren. We are in the design phase of TD number two. Our first is a large one. For ideas, you might check out the " Hall of Fame" in the upper left of each page. What ever you decide to build, be sure and post lots of Image, so we can keep up with your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Image To the playground Mike. Nine grandkids seems to be going around. :thumbsup: We sure enjoy ours.

Can't speak to the claustrophobia but these things are amazingly comfortable. Our is big partly because the trailer was cheap and we thought normal was too small. Didn't see one till I had the walls up.

If you can, go see one. Have your wife lay down in it. Only she can decide if it is too small. :thumbsup:

Enjoy and keep the bubble oil level. :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby JeremyL » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Welcome to the board!

The Eufaula area is gorgeous, I used to pass through there three or four times a year on our family trips to Iowa. Sadly, I never got to spend more than a day or two hanging around there.

I'm a northeast Texas guy, but currently staying in Florida.
JeremyL
Teardrop Builder

Postby sonar37 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Mike wrote:
My wife says have fun, she's sticking with the 5th Wheel. She's claustrophobic. My thinking is it'll be much cheaper to drag the TD around the country than the 5th Wheel. So maybe it will be a very large TD, ( LOL )

Image to the forum, Mike. Sounds like a great reason to add a moonroof! I'm sure if your wife is involved in the planning and design stage that you'll come up with a workable solution. I think she'll find teardrop camping to be both comfy and convenient. Enjoy the process and take lots of pix!! :)
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Crawl spaces and attics are my nightmare. What is I get stuck in here . What if the house falls on me. Just stupid thoughts and the claustraphobia starts. The moon roof is no joke it really works. I can see out and have not had a pang of panic.

That's why I love my lexan roof !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Koi-Kid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Welcome Mike,
I know the area you live in I usally go camping at Talihina State park every fall and enjoy the area. I live up in Ponca City.

Sounds like you have some good help if you have a cabinet maker and a couple electricians in the family. That is depending on how far away they live.

In fact the wife and I are going to Texas pretty soom to camp out down in Hill Country for a few days then go see the grand kids and back home.

Enjoy the site there seem to be lot's of good help here.

Marsh
Koi-Kid
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves