largo, FL reporting

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

largo, FL reporting

Postby shawnkfl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:01 pm

New guy here. i'm going to build a tear over the next twelve months. i've given myself plenty of time...

i am a design engineer for a boat trailer manufacturer and my plan is to design my frame and have it built there. should be cheap considering i get materials and parts at company cost. my goal, is $100.00 for the rolling frame. should actually be less but i may opt for mag wheels. i'm planning on a 2 x 3 tube frame. 5' X 8' bed. i'll leave the tongue long so i can cut it back to the optimum tongue weight when finished building the tear on it.

anyway, that's my plan in a nutshell.

good to find the site. looking forward to building and meeting a few of you.
shawnkfl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good plan...

Don't forget to take pics! :D ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby shawnkfl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:43 pm

i will deffinately keep a picture log of the progress. it will be a slow build though. monday, i will start to design the frame. i use autodesk inventor for designing and i think i can capture an image to post after my idea is down. i will post that up to get some feedback from the folks here.
shawnkfl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:33 am

Image to the playground Shawn. Great price for a trailer if you can get it. :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing the creation. 8)

Keep the bubble oil level :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 am

Welcome Shawn.
nice of you to come aboard..
now, for the question...can you hook a brother up with some of that aluminum rail your gonna use on your frame...wink, wink, nudge nudge? I need to make a new frame for my Tear as I have put the axles in the wrong place for the fenders I want to use. :cry:
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves