New guy form NW

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy form NW

Postby 35thAV » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm

I recently bought a small 1976 13' Westwind and stumbled across this site while trying to locate parts and such for it.

See we recently had a baby :baby: (4 weeks today) and while my wife was pregnant we had a great idea :twisted: by a small travel trailer so we don't end up stuck at home because our only accommodations would be a tent :disappointed: and that wouldn't really work to well with an infant so I hit Craigslist and a month or so later and a little $> we found some thing that would fit our needs :woohoo:
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
My adventures blog:<b> http://blastshelter.blogspot.com/</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby 35thAV » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:34 pm

So far I have changed the color from white and green to black and silver (GO RAIDERS! - I know lost cause) applying spray on bed liner for most of it.
Also repaired a couple leaks, replaced the wood and installation where it leaked inside, sealed up the widows and the roof, installed new carpet on the the floor and in the walls (the wood paneling was ugly and cold!), put new laminite on the counter tops and installed new interior lights.

Things still on the list...
Heater (very important according to my wife)
New cargo rack for the tounge - have just need to weld a new propane bottle bracket to make room
New aluminium wheels and new tires
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby 35thAV » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 pm

I added a few pictures of the trailer from our maiden road trip to Deception Pass State park last weekend in my album.

I'll get some interior shots soon.

35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby pgwilli » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Welcome aboard 35th!
Took it to one of my favorite parks for a little leak testing, eh? :D
It'll be interesting to see the interior layout of your TTT.
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:45 am

Image to the playground and thanks for the pictures. Haven't seen a TTT like that before. Neattttttttt. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the site and be sure to check out the NW gatherings.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby 35thAV » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Image to the playground and thanks for the pictures. Haven't seen a TTT like that before. Neattttttttt. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the site and be sure to check out the NW gatherings.

Thanks for the welcome!

So far its the only one like I have ever seen. The back has two doors one inside the other. The larger door measures almost 4 feet wide. It also has a ramp that stores underneath and tie downs on the floor. I have a open usable floor space of 4' by 12' inside if I lay the dinette table aside.

35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Welcome to the forum 35th.... we need more pics... especially of the inside... ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby 35thAV » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:31 pm

mikeschn wrote:Welcome to the forum 35th.... we need more pics... especially of the inside... ;)

Mike...

Darn you folks are so demanding :lol: j/k!!

I added a couple interior pis to the album. As you can see I need to redo the cushions still and the curtins are being sewn and should be finished up soon but you get the idea of what I'm working with

35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 am

That's a cool little trailer. Do you miss not having the bathroom?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby 35thAV » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 am

mikeschn wrote:That's a cool little trailer. Do you miss not having the bathroom?

Mike...

Well i don't miss the bathroom yet, but I'm sure that will change late one rainy night after a beer or two around the campfire!
The way I looked at it was my tent didn't really have any bathroom facilities either so I'm not really loosing anything there.

35thAV
Teardrop Master

Westwind

Postby Trudy/Rod » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 pm

With the wide door, the ramp underneath and tie-downs mentioned, your trailer was probably one used to carry a motorcycle. Dual purpose vehicle-take the bike to the destination, push it out, then have a place to stay while you play. Would like to see if and you at a NW event.
Trudy and Rod
Trudy/Rod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Welcome to the domain of teardrops and vintage and not so vintage trailers. Now that is a neat looking little trailer, and seems to be well set up inside. I'm sure a porta-potty can be stored somewhere in there. Your hauler should have no trouble pulling that little thing around.

Enjoy your camping plans and adventures. Sure wish I had such a set up when my kids were little. You've made a good choice. Send more pics as they enlighten all of us.
Roly, So Cal teardropper and cross-over vintage trailer nut. 8)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Welcome Aboard 35th! :thumbsup:
Raiders, eh?
Silver and Black?...
Could always name it the Black Hole... :thinking:
(Raider fans understand)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby 35thAV » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Welcome Aboard 35th! :thumbsup:
Raiders, eh?
Silver and Black?...
Could always name it the Black Hole... :thinking:
(Raider fans understand)

How'd you guess!!!!

I grew up in the Bay Area!! Thats exactly where to colors came from :thumbsup:

I may not enjoy watching the Raiders the last couple years (okay last decade) but they're still my team!

35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby Juneaudave » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Welcome and I sure like the idea of having a trailer for you and your family. As your family changes, you can upsize, downsize, go vintage, modern whatever. The main thing is that you are creating a healthy outlet that will last a lifetime...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves