Howdy ho from Illinois

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy ho from Illinois

Postby CD1 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for all the great advice I have received from reading here for about one month. Man, this site is so full of information, it really rocks. I found it from one of your members, billinpa from Penn., who's also a regular on paddling.net. He is a great resource for me, also.

Wife CD2 and I hope to one day meet you all, share real names (sorry, I'm very protective about names over internet--been burned already; even though you all seem great, some scammers online are not, and seek Forums), tips, and real stories about life. My wife is a total non-camper, moreso than me, and I even got her to agree to an outing on Labor Day weekend in the Midwest for a couple days in the TD camper. Now, that's an accomplishment. Mostly, I will be camping alone, and will enjoy the time on the water with kayak, and then crashing in the TD for the night. Fun!

Living in central Illinois, I did not see any TD campers members from immediately around here. I am pure hell with my hands--really, losing a finger is not something I'd put past myself--but before I sound like a complete wimp, I can tell you I do enjoy sea kayaking, hiking, travel, watersports, margaritas and beer, reading, writing and generally being a nuisance. I have not really been exposed to RV camping since I was a kid, and this is truly new to me. I will keep you posted when I buy (notice, I did not say build) my first TD camper. Already have a lead on one. Pull vehicle--Chevy Avalanche. :banana:

I'd build if I had talent like Mike S., STeve Fox, Cajun Lady, or the wonderful talented ladies on Joanne's women's thread--wow! Sweet.

Thanks. Rock on and great to "know you all" Summer 2008, here we come.
CD1
Gold Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Howdy CD1&2.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Betsey » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:02 pm

CD1,

Welcome to the forum! We know Bill! Tell him "Howdy" from Craig & Betsey in Wisconsin.

There are several forum members in Illinois...the following, whom Craig & I have had the pleasure to camp with, come to mind:

Claw (Jim) in Loves Park, (Rockford area)
SageR & Dayna_Sager (Rick & Dayna) in Naperville
Flygal6 (Carol) in Romeoville
Pigcooker (Doug & Nan) in Worth
Route 66 - (Mike & Christine) in IL/WI stateline area
tjx (Tina & Jerry) in Savanna
Teardrop from Illinois (Alan & Cheryl) in Lexington.

If you have the weekend of April 25-27 free, come and join us at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Sheboygan, WI for our second annual Cooler Near the Lake teardrop gathering. Even if you bring a tent, you are welcome! Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=16165

The weekend of September 5-7, some of us are gathering at Thomson Causeway on the Mississippi River...check out the info here:

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=22404

And there are other gatherings in Wisconsin this summer/fall.

Hope to meet up with you in the future!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Image to the playground CD1&2. I hope you find the perfect TD for your needs. Remember to take lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: so we can share the fun. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi CD1 & CD2,

Welcome to the forum. Since you have no plans to build, then just pull a chair up to the fire and tell stories with the rest of us. Hope to meet you both at a future gathering.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Geron » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:38 am

Howdy ho CD1 and CD2.

Welcome aboard.

Further south it's a polite "Howdy do." ;) :roll: :lol: :lol:

gac
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Hey CD1 & 2

Welcome to the forum... Hope you find what you are looking for! :D

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves