Mainers and Hermits invade

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: could be related by marriage

Postby the dog » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:32 pm

mary and bob wrote:well heres another bit of intersting news dog, my older sister says my aunt sis was married to a leno delmalino, your relation? sure is a small world, she was my moms younger sister
mary
our paths must have crossed sometime or other. :thinking:

Very familiar name but not immediate family. Is she Helen? I had some great uncs, aunts etc I didn't even meet. I'm pretty sure Rino told me about Vasco last time I called him. He's lived in WS 97 years! Only 2 different homes a couple miles off. Vasco was about a slingshot away. The relatives near him were Unc Julie and Zia (not tio zio) Sounds like not more than 2 or 3 doors off. I'll be visiting him this spring or summer, I have to make the time. Dog
"I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels." Diogenes of Sinope
the dog
Teardrop Builder

family

Postby mary and bob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:29 pm

My mom's family were helen,jeannie, dave, richard, alma,sis clarence they have all passed on except clarence. alam had a son named ricky and dave had a son named buster who were both killed on a pedal bike around 10 years old on main street by a tractor trailer, maybe mid 1950's, alma and her husband, last name bertini, had a bad house fire on the corner of main by square rigger, her daughter was badly burned, her name was debbie. and your right about at ray barrets house, rich raised pheasents for the sportsmen club. I'll have to ask my older sister what my aunt sis's real name was.
mary :thinking:
mary and bob
500 Club

Re: family

Postby the dog » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:59 am

mary and bob wrote:My mom's family were helen,jeannie, dave, richard, alma,sis clarence they have all passed on except clarence. alam had a son named ricky and dave had a son named buster who were both killed on a pedal bike around 10 years old on main street by a tractor trailer, maybe mid 1950's, alma and her husband, last name bertini, had a bad house fire on the corner of main by square rigger, her daughter was badly burned, her name was debbie. and your right about at ray barrets house, rich raised pheasents for the sportsmen club. I'll have to ask my older sister what my aunt sis's real name was.
mary :thinking:

That pheasant pen always had my attention :o Square rigger, I forgot about that place! I used to walk into town about daily. Go down Aggies for some candy. See Joe the barber, Pete the postmaster, remember Scorputs mushroom caves? The semi was close enough to still have unc worried. I went near the road he was nuts. I ran across it once fishing from the bridge. I had a big pickerel and as a kid thought I had a barracuda was going to eat me, dropped the rod and ran! Got a couple really big snappers by the dam too. Fire was early for me but Unc still talked of it.
Oh yea, I'm sure we crossed paths. Rino knew everyone, visited everyone, helped ones truly in need that couldn't help themselves. Being his sidekick I met them all at one time or another. Chances are about 99% I was in your place visiting with him at one time or another! Sure, we crossed paths, we walked the hermits place :D
"I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels." Diogenes of Sinope
the dog
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves